What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished putting fillets on several rocket fins last night, as well as removing glassine. What a pain the butt process! Was going to prime some rockets, but no dice due to humidity. :S

Set up a rocket display at a Senior Citizen's Center. Did a little presentation. Had a rather lengthy Q&A period

Senior Aug 2014a.jpg Senior Aug 2014b.jpg Senior Aug 2014c.jpg

Scored a Stack of Vellum Paper and a Cabinet from my Moms House. Both are a fine addition to my Workbench Area.
Now I can keep all my Epoxies and Glues in the Cabinet, and use the Vellum Paper to provide a clean brite Work Surface.

Last edited:
cut and began papering fins for my Crayon rocket
GEDC3604.jpgGEDC3605.jpg
Fins inspired from the puzzle pieces my 'Recovery Crew' constantly leaves on the floor

Bought some Blue Tube and Spherachutes.

I'm waiting to think of anything I forgot before making my Giant Leap purchase.

Found a buddy who works in electrical engineering and wants to build payloads. He just needs something to launch them in...

Funny, cause I build rockets and need payloads to launch in! :)

Cut the body tubes for a new scratch build two stage rocket with those Estes F15 motors. Simmed to go around 6000 feet!

Reworked the Nomex pouch for the drogue/shock cord on my DS Extreme.
Made a 16" Nomex pad for Sharon's Stinger and made a Nomex pouch for her drogue.
Soldered the magnetic switches into the Stingers avbay sled after Sharon mounted the Stratologger, RRC3 and Battery boxes.
Mounted Mobius camera shrouds on my 3" Blackstar, 4" Darkstar Extreme, 5" Jart and Sharon's 6" Stinger.
Took a picture of Sharon and her (mostly) finished Stinger:

004-1.jpg

Finally got my dual deploy rocket ready for a level-2 cert. Will most likely fly it today (after I fall asleep, wake up, and drive two hours to the launch site), however going to cert on the 30th.

Also packed up everything else I will need (I hope I didn't miss anything in my sleep deprived state). Will fly my first Mellow Yellow later as well. I'm going to sleep now...

Finally got my dual deploy rocket ready for a level-2 cert. Will most likely fly it today (after I fall asleep, wake up, and drive two hours to the launch site), however going to cert on the 30th.

Also packed up everything else I will need (I hope I didn't miss anything in my sleep deprived state). Will fly my first Mellow Yellow later as well. I'm going to sleep now...

Where are you flying??

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

You can also use the Eggfinder using the rocket locator app.

I'm confused... Not hard to do BTW...The one you show you just put together is an Eggfinder or something else?
You stated that "It was a little harder than a Eggfinder but a lot less components"
so I thought it was something else and the only kit I've seen recently with the shown components will only work on an Android phone which prompted my question.

Started building a new Rocket Work Stand.
My old one has served me well, but it is made from a Cardboard Box and Foamboard.
It's high time for an upgrade.

Received The Illustrated Encyclopedia of the World's Rockets and Missiles, by Bill Gunston.

Got to launch the most advanced and well built rocket I have ever built today, GORLAXIA III. Estesbasher helped me build it. I was so afraid of losing it I just used a single use F42 in it. It screamed and went much higher than I thought it would. It is time to jam bigger in there

10787162494_04239b5e2a.jpg

10787033845_4c3cabdfe6.jpg

[video=youtube;056Wm2MkNf0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=056Wm2MkNf0[/video]

Thanks Estesbasher

I have been sitting on it for about half a year until conditions were right to launch it. It was a beautiful flight.

Last edited:
I think I won closest to the pad today on a 3 grain CTI G131

14752908530_e602b8c8a0_b.jpg

Of course I had the eggfinder in there. Every launch today with the eggfinder landed darn close negating the need for tracking, but I still used it and giggles the whole time.

Skipped a club launch to spend a lot more time working on / repairing my rockets for AIRFest. Beerorkids' photos and videos almost make me regret not going; the weather looked spectacular.

Back