What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. Considering how well the rule about not allowing Sharon in your trailer without me being present worked, (not at all) maybe I should just remind her that our trailer is already OVER it's max gross weight rating.....
"Like a kid in a candy store". Wait, would that be her or me?
By any chance have you replaced that N2200 Dark Matter Glen bought? I'm burning my last 98mm motor on Saturday.....

Oh, and on that note, I built the N2000 today, and have started on the Eggfinder for the Ultimate DS.
O.R. sims and Thrustcurve both say 13,500 to 13,700 for that 62 lb. rocket.
I'm REALLY getting excited about this launch!
Not sure if I'll have the replacement N2220...but I have a N2000 :). Come see me about the N2200 pink I have as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

I'm going to say "Meeting BlackBrandt in person" counts as Rocketry related enough for today.

Got to chat about certification attempts and idiosyncrasies of OpenRocket.

I'm going to my first club launch tomorrow and trying for my L1 cert, so I spent quite a bit of time checking and rechecking piston fit, motor adapter fit, parachute folding and fit, estimated altitudes and delays for given motors, and other OCD stuff. :D

Got all altimeters, batteries and mag switches mounted to their sleds for Airfest. Tomorrow programming, charging of LiPos and mounting in rockets.

More sanding imperfections and paint touch-up on Starduster. I think I'll eventually have to draw a line and say "enough", back off and say it's done. You can only go so far; perfection is unattainable.

IMG_20170823_194658_01[1].jpg

Built a new, larger cradle today. It should come in handy for a couple of build projects I have for the winter.

View attachment 326685

I can't find pvc X pieces here in AU anywhere. When I've asked around, I'm told they aren't used for plumbing so no one carries them anymore.

Any hints on where to get them in AU appreciated!

I can't find pvc X pieces here in AU anywhere. When I've asked around, I'm told they aren't used for plumbing so no one carries them anymore.

Wait, pvc fittings get used for plumbing too? Dang they are versatile. Still seems like a niche application compared to rocket stands though.

Wow... Pretty much any Home Depot or Lowes here in the states sells them. Maybe order them online and have them shipped?

Wet sanded the white coat on my 2.6 BBII. Went into the primer on the body tube so I sprayed white again. Got the black on the nose cone, and decided on a plan of attack for the roll pattern (cheating and cutting black vinyl rectangles).

Began the last 10% (which takes 50% of the total build time) of building the big Solar Warrior.

Picked up 2 rockets that have been at the top of my wish. I've been trying to rebuild my fleet from when I was a teen, and my USS Andromeda and Cobra 1500 are mostly MIA. I have not been willing to pay the $70-$150 for a vintage kit on E-Bay or even $45 for the More Rockets clone. Today I found both of them for $5.50 ea. at an estate sale. Both need a little TLC, but they both should fly again, and a couple of the needed pieces will come from my original rockets. :smile:

Beyond indoor plumbing, have you looked at places that sell irrigation/sprinkler system parts?

Stateside, the first place I go is the sprinklers and irrigation section of home Depot. Why are the major hardware stores across the Other pond?

Watched "October Sky" last night. I can't believe I hadn't seen it before.

(I suspect this may earn excommunication from this forum.)

I haven't watched october sky. Friends are surprised by that when I tell them I'm into sport rocketry.

Really people? Am I not allowed to be interested in this without having seen a Jake Gyllenhal movie!?

We packed up our toy hauler for Airfest on Saturday. Yesterday we loaded up our truck "Grosser" and small trailer "Lil Mule" with several hundred pounds of rocket stuff from an estate sale nearby. Today I cleaned out the truck and finished packing for our trip to the rocket pasture, leaving early tomorrow morning.
After seeing a post from ATGM about a new 38mm Dark Matter Moonburner motor, I had to add another rocket to the truck.
:grin:

Back