What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a set of nice 1" OD x .067 wall aluminum 6' tubes to replace the ancient shower curtain tubes in one of my competition tower launchers. Much more rigid but still reasonably light. Post upgrade I should be able to use it for 10mm up through small HPR - the old rods weren't rigid enough.

Got a set of nice 1" OD x .067 wall aluminum 6' tubes to replace the ancient shower curtain tubes in one of my competition tower launchers. Much more rigid but still reasonably light. Post upgrade I should be able to use it for 10mm up through small HPR - the old rods weren't rigid enough.

I hate it when that happens...

My rocket poxy is getting low ! But got the fins doubled buttered and attached to my SuperJart 38. Then I did a little foaming and my foam is old and was a bit of a challenge..

Kenny

1416975918502.jpg

1416975930377.jpg

1416975940955.jpg

I finished mounting the EggFinder LCD that Connor put together in the box, and powered everything up. Next I have to work out a mounting solution for the TX in my poor testbed rocket.

Picked up a nice plastic container with a lid to store my epoxy pumps in the house where it's warm but it isn't tall enough to accommodate the pumps so it goes back tomorrow. OTOH, one of the other containers I have on hand actually works. Yay!

Made a list of items I'm planning to order in the various Black Friday/Saturday/CyberMonday sales where the offerings have already been announced.

I looked at my Madcow Patriot (as I was pulling into the garage) sitting patiently on the workbench waiting for me to finish the repairs on it.

Glued on the fins.
Realized the cut-and-wrap alignment guide was significantly off, cut off two fins.
Re-glued two fins after using 9th grade geometry, a ruler and a compass to bisect a circle four ways.
Stood the rocket up, realized one of the fins was too high, and it wobbled like a stool on flagstone, cut off one fin.
Re-glued one fin.
Added engine mount internal fillets.
Started adding fin fillets.

PB252331.jpg

Last edited:
Got some photos today of the big school launch from the other week :)

RocketLaunch newsletter.JPG RocketLaunchLocalPaper.jpg Launch 01.jpg Launch 02.jpg

(Click to embiggen)

Even got a mention in the local newspaper :)

Krusty

Technically yesterday, but I ordered a Darkstar Jr. from Wildman during the club sale... And the best part is I still have plenty of funds for Saturday!:)

Yesterday -
Bent a LOT of Raise springs, my left thumb is sore!
The spring is already made, I have to bend the wire so the brass tube stays on.
Bagged up Little Green Man and Pigasus kits, sent orders to JonRocket.com and Apogee.

Technically yesterday, but I ordered a Darkstar Jr. from Wildman during the club sale... And the best part is I still have plenty of funds for Saturday!:)

Same.. only Vindicator Jr instead of darkstar. Hopefully there will be some good 29mm CTI motor deals on saturday.

Nothing yet today, built did some last night.

Did some work on my Estes PSII Nike Smoke and my Rocketarium 1.63" dia Tomahawk, which are destined to fly together at some point as a Nike Tomahawk, since the scales are a match. Will ether turn or grow the needed transition.

Also worked on my RC conversion of the sport scale Estes V-2 into a semi scale manned A-4b. Ready to install pushrods and serve then attach all surfaces. Picture attached. Will likely take a significant amount of nose weight....:)

image.jpg

Nothing yet today, built did some last night.

Did some work on my Estes PSII Nike Smoke and my Rocketarium 1.63" dia Tomahawk, which are destined to fly together at some point as a Nike Tomahawk, since the scales are a match. Will ether turn or grow the needed transition.

Also worked on my RC conversion of the sport scale Estes V-2 into a semi scale manned A-4b. Ready to install pushrods and serve then attach all surfaces. Picture attached. Will likely take a significant amount of nose weight....:)

AWESOME!!!
Nice to see someone doing stuff like this. Best of luck with the Build, and don't let the Nay-sayers here dissuade you from completing it.

AWESOME!!!
Nice to see someone doing stuff like this. Best of luck with the Build, and don't let the Nay-sayers here dissuade you from completing it.

I usually fail to pay attention to naysayers....:)

Also, I am never afraid of a rocket with wings on it, as I fly all types of model aircraft. If the CG is in the right place, you can boost anything.

Finished my fin fillets and mounted the 1/8" launch lug. Now I have to decide between priming and paining now, or waiting for the 3/16" lugs to get here.

Well I actually did this yesterday, but I made a list for black Saturday from wildman. Also found out that a P8000 exists. What else does CTI make that I've never heard of?

Finished body work on a scratch built WAC Corporal. White or Yellow? Motor mount on a Super Alpha, also figured out what to paint it - candy red translucent over gold. NC turned out nice.

View attachment 247709

A Pro 225
It can be seen on an old show called Master Blasters....
[video=youtube_share;jMBOTLJn3FA]https://youtu.be/jMBOTLJn3FA[/video]

JD

Well I actually did this yesterday, but I made a list for black Saturday from wildman. Also found out that a P8000 exists. What else does CTI make that I've never heard of?

An S-50,000.

Sprayed the base color for the Neon XL and after masking a bit, just hit it with the purple accent color and I'm waiting for it to dry before applying decals and attaching a chute to it. Might be ready to fly by Saturday, since I work Friday...

Today I edited the video below from the launch on November 22nd for my level one certification!

[video=youtube;qctqUxY_8jA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qctqUxY_8jA&list=UUiqe7HeAXCsDR5_IIXISNFg[/video]

Great video Kyle, congrats again on your Level 1! I really like your launch equipment :rolleyes:

Visited the sites of all of our rocketry vendors (the usual suspects) and made a list of items to order.

I'm pretty sure my credit card is hiding under the bed...crying.

Found my Semroc LAUNCH magazine rocket. Fortunately, I did all the hard work when I started it ? years ago. Just need to finish bevelling 2 fins and glue them on. Then it will be ready for paint like so many others. I need a painting solution soon. My BMS Mini Bomarc is nearly done too. Both should be built this weekend though.

Found my Semroc LAUNCH magazine rocket. Fortunately, I did all the hard work when I started it ? years ago. Just need to finish bevelling 2 fins and glue them on. Then it will be ready for paint like so many others. I need a painting solution soon. My BMS Mini Bomarc is nearly done too. Both should be built this weekend though.

...my painting solution is wait until spring...

Back