What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to hobby town to pick up some 1/2A3-4t's for a cub scout launch. Showed my wife the Estes Saturn 5 kit, went to the rest room, came out, and found her carrying the box around like a baby. I told her it could be her mother's day present, and she was overjoyed.

Opened the box these arrived in after being bought on clearance from Estes for four dollars and change each.

33831009063_349406859b_z.jpg

Today I flew my Polecat Black Brant III on a J motor. Thanks to the Tri-Cities Rocketeers and Rharshberger for the venue and signing some paperwork.

20170513_110133.jpg

download.png

Made some progress on a Carbon Tomach 54 build...

ProLine 4500 makes such nice fillets. It's almost a shame to sand on these, but they do still need a little attention to achieve best aero performance.

50hCKSF.jpg

Nose Cone Avbay/coupler. This will house a Raven and a TeleGPS, so no all-thread used here. The anchor is a 0.125" carbon plate with 8-32 blind nuts on the back side, glued in and filleted with ProLine. I added just a little silica to make it creamy peanut butter thick. The coupler will be glued into the nose cone and the sled will be attached to the removable plate.

SUloeWp.jpg

Rings on fins

IMG_2341.jpg

I had to do a bit of fine tuning to get the notches and rings to line up. The fin template was not well printed.

Almost forgot the LL (would have been a little easier if I did it before the rings....). I did cut it to approximate the fin line.

IMG_2344.jpg

And all 3 rings

IMG_2354.jpg

I started sanding on my LOC IQSY fins. I need to radius the leading and trailing edges now. Very nice kit with very nice later cut fins.

Glued EAC Viper fins
IMG_0155.jpg
Messed up,forgot the BT5 for the motor tube in my order from BMS. So I ordered BT5 from eRockets (along with some of the Estes 24mm retainers).
I'm liking my revisit to 13mm. Might build a full set of MiniBrutes.

I cut a 2x6 to use as a Jawstand to 1010 rail adapter. The notches are 7/8" holes that are centered 1.25" inches from the edge. The cuts from the holes to the edge are at 45 degrees. The cut down top & bottom are so that a 1/4" x 6" bolt can fit to hold the 1010 rail in place.

IMG_0702.jpg

Here's the adapter 2x6 in place on the Jawstand. I'll finish it up when I get a few more minutes to play.

IMG_0703.jpg

Back