What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the rockets I didn’t lose on the weekend - BT60 on a d12-7 with a pair of drop off b6-0 boosters...

IMG_7571.jpg

Finished this scratch build from left over 54mm motor tube and an estes retainer I found in my parts bin. 29mm for MPR local field flights.

Regrets to not filling in the spirals, but the build took all of an hour or so.

Flat Black.jpg

Prepped rockets for the G. Harry Stein memorial launch today. Mostly built motors for a few rockets we had left over from last weekends launch. Started with a 54mm K456 Dark matter for my 4" R2-V2, then built a K540 Metalstorm for my 3" Blackstar. Next was a 38mm H178 Dark matter for my old Darkstar Jr. and a 75mm L900 for Jughead, my 5" Jart. Finished up this evening building an I59 long burn for Reduke, my Nuke Pro Max. Things have really changed for that motor since I started flying it, now they want you to bond the solid sustainer grain and add grain spacer o-rings.
I have been really busy over the last month. Started with the first SSS launch of the season on the first weekend of October. Then we traveled to Helm, Calif. and flew with Tripoli Central California, who are hosting LDRS next year. Last weekend was the first TRA/PHX launch and pot luck, our home club. Now it's on to the GHS memorial launch this weekend, and ROCstock for a drag race next weekend. I still need to finish the 4" Drago for that. I have been building it over the last month, in between all these launches. Hopefully by Thanksgiving we will be able to inventory our motors and restock on Black Saturday.

Didn't get to post this yesterday, I've been on travel for work, but I was lucky to pick up one of the 38 mongoose door busters from MadCow!

I was in the middle of a meeting and had to work stealthy from my phones browser.

Nathan

Flew a few rockets at G. Harry Stein Memeorial launch. Wind dummy was Tommy 2 on an F35, then the Dual deploy Argent on an H115. Went big with R2-V2 on a K456 Dark matter, then followed it up with my Darkstar Jr. on an H178 Dark matter. Finished up with my 3" Blackstar on a K540 Metalstorm and Reduke on an I59. Might stick around and fly a couple more tomorrow, weather is perfect for flying.

Hi All,

I picked up photographic prints of my Level 3 Certification Flight that was successful last weekend in Potter, NY! What a relief to finally have that out of the way after a years worth of work. Thanks to Robert Bazinet, Mike Dutch, and Teddy Chernok for their knowledge and assistance.

All the best,
Bob

0F30234D-3940-4D10-9574-E9D366F4F562.jpg

C16A59B9-A124-4679-8B4A-EC846924432E.jpg

39B769B2-60F7-4EC8-9768-C18B81EDE791.jpg

Hi All,

....my Level 3 Certification Flight that was successful last weekend in Potter, NY! ....

Congratulations.

Yesterday, I lost this one to the wind.

BT50x10xpressmilkcartonpicture.jpg
Today, I cleaned up the shop and winterized my field gear and most of my flying hardware (batteries out of things with removable batteries, casings greased and wrapped, BP motors sealed in dry-boxes...). Its going to be a long, cold, wet winter where I live.

Hi All,

I picked up photographic prints of my Level 3 Certification Flight that was successful last weekend in Potter, NY! What a relief to finally have that out of the way after a years worth of work. Thanks to Robert Bazinet, Mike Dutch, and Teddy Chernok for their knowledge and assistance.

All the best,
Bob

Congrats on your L3 Bob and a great looking AGM-33! You don’t even look nervous in the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Hi All,

All the best,
Bob

Congrats!

Not nearly as cool, I went out solo to a small local field and sent up an Estes Star Orbiter on an E16. It was kinda windy but luckily had the JLCR to keep the walk to a minimum.

Nathan

I put together my midpower launch rail. It is a six foot 1010 rail with a collapsable base. It takes about two minutes with a screwdriver and a crescent wrench to assemble/disassemble.

IMG_3641.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

Did some internal fillets on my demon. But I am worried about them not being strong enough with what I want to put this rocket through. So I ordered some foam to fill the fin can. And yes I will need to add a bit of weight to the nose to balance the rocket.

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

Nice.

Where'd you pick that up?

Thanks!

My neighbor used to run a junk store and picked up the base as part of an auction lot. It is made for "Men at Work" type sign. The legs extent out for a larger footprint if desired.

The rail is a piece of anodized 1010. The blast deflector is a piece of scrap that I have had laying around for close to twenty years.

The only drawback is that you have to tip it to load the rocket, but that is easy enough.

I drive over 5 hours to launch mine too, but it is well worth the trip.
Delamar (we’re submitting for 50k for our May launch), Black Rock and TRAPHX are all within striking distance from here in Vegas. It’s too bad we can’t go into the 20s or 30s at Hartsel, CO though. Can’t wait to fly it!

Hmm....it's a beautiful Case
Thanks for the great customer service, Chris. I’m excited to get the order!

Painted my LOC Expediter and 3D printed a 54mm to 29mm adapter. Will try her on a H165R here in two weeks.

Well i finished off my electronics sled. 3D printers are wonderful. Left is a Eggtimer TRS, Right is a custom Altimetry/datalogging board (Barometer, accelerometer (1 is a 16 G IMU which has some other things in it, the other is is a 256 G 1 axis), and GPS with a 3dr compliant radio header and possible servo pins) and at the bottom is a SLCF. I plan of using the Eggtimer and SLCF going into the same charge well with different matches as a back up for the the untested custom board.

Helps if I put in the picture of it...
irccloudcapture1226166343.jpg

Today I assembled the CTI M1810 Red Lightning motor for my L3 cert flight later this month.

Back