What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been lurking on here far to long, so its time to jump in and post. Today I installed the motor mount and sanded the fins on my Wildman Sport. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to install them.

Well, idle hands are the devil's tools so the devil got my hands busy again :) Got the SEMROC transitions I got out, looked in the tube drawers and pulled out the parts for two more....it's an addiction I tell ya! Having several drawers of nosecones doesn't help, they all need to be on a rocket of their own... I just counted...I got 7 scratch rockets under construction....I'm a binge builder...you know what comes after that....projectile rocketry....god help me....help....

Put in all the part weights for my Darkstar Jr. two stage. Tomorrow I will take measurements of tube lengths and sustainer fin locations so I can have a more accurate representation of this thing.

But on a side note, I'm really impressed with the quality of the wildman kits. Count on me to buy another one in the near future (I've already got a wildman two stage in my sights for black Saturday :))

Started by applying primer to rockets I'm working on. Built 3 motors for the launch Saturday, and started to prep my 2-motor cluster with 2-H160 Skids. That should be fun! The others are smaller rockets, 2 F-motors, and a G. :) Phil L.

Could'nt get to sleep so I decided to draw and cut out the Fins for my 29mm Crossfire.
Still need to notch the little Strake thingies, but that can wait til' I'm wide awake and alert, so I don't screw them up.

Crossfire29Fins 002.jpg

With a High Power launch this week-end where I will be the RSO and Prefect, I think I have 1 or 2 things to do today.

Well, idle hands are the devil's tools so the devil got my hands busy again :) Got the SEMROC transitions I got out, looked in the tube drawers and pulled out the parts for two more....it's an addiction I tell ya! Having several drawers of nosecones doesn't help, they all need to be on a rocket of their own... I just counted...I got 7 scratch rockets under construction....I'm a binge builder...you know what comes after that....projectile rocketry....god help me....help....
I like it.."Binge Builder". Ya,thats the ticket..me TOO! Im in heavy or not in at all. Kinda the way I used to drink. Well, its pretty much how I do everything. All or nothing. Seven scrathers you say..Wow,got me beat. I got 3 being built,100s in me-head.

Spent more money.

Spent more money.

and

Spent more money.

Oh also put the last fin on a rocket.... :)

Realized that a Protractor would be quite helpful for making Parasheets. I did'nt have one, so I just went online and typed in, "Download Free Protractor", and printed one out. I love Free stuff.;)

Prepped my min diameter for its maiden voyage on an I800 Vmax. Early flight for it tomorrow, attempting to kiss the waiver.

Received a package of Loki motors, and found that I won't be able to fly them tomorrow.

Repeatedly dropped a mega mosquito booster about 40 feet to test if it will tumble or nosedive. It tumbles, so flying the two stage mosquito next weekend is go.

It's a CNC converted Grizzly Benchtop mill with a bunch of upgrades. It has a 6.4"x17"x4" usable machining volume. 4500rpm and currently set up for 120ipm rapids. I usually cut between 20-30ipm.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Last edited:
Worked on finishing my Wildman Sport and did some more work on my L1 build. Simmed motor choices for launching it... L1 cert on a sparky H? Or maybe an I...

I have a 1-2000 gm digital scale on the way. It only has a 1 gm resolution but all I need it for is to weigh rockets, a tenth of a gram does me no good. I just needed a cheap scale :)

Glued 3 fins on a BT70 rocket, filets and launch lug next.

It's a CNC converted Grizzly Benchtop mill with a bunch of upgrades. It has a 6.4"x17"x4" usable machining volume. 4500rpm and currently set up for 120ipm rapids. I usually cut between 20-30ipm.

Envy!

Ari.

The baby woke up at 5 am and there was no wind. We walked to the park and launched the not fully painted Bull Pup on a B and then a C motor. Not an impressive flyer...

Next time, it will go up on an AeroTech D10 in a larger field. That should do the trick!

Latest posts

Back