What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep it up and you're going to have to start posting on The Workbench Forum. :wink:

You're starting to remind me of the guys who buy machine tools (like me). They buy a machine to make X, but they spend more time making toys for the machine than making parts with it.
That description fits me quite well. I spend an inordinate amount of time building jigs and fixtures for vague future projects.

Perhaps that tendency is what inspires some folks to go into business manufacturing tools, fixtures, and the like instead of actual end products.

Yes Wayne, I'm jealous. I saw your post about buying a travel trailer and not setting up next to me this year at AIRFest. That means you have to cook and feed everybody.

To keep it on topic I clear coated a wildman 2 stage today that'll fly on "L" motors at the end of the month.

Yes Wayne, I'm jealous. I saw your post about buying a travel trailer and not setting up next to me this year at AIRFest. That means you have to cook and feed everybody.

To keep it on topic I clear coated a wildman 2 stage today that'll fly on "L" motors at the end of the month.

I will forward that info to my "Cooking Staff", I'm sure she will research 'Alligator Gumbo' or 'Javalina Stew' and make everybody happy! Meanwhile, I'm gonna be flying rockets!
Friday morning I will be doing my oral exam with my two TAP's for my L-3 flight and building the M1297. Then I need to get the first flight of my Extreme done on an L995. I also need to fly "Jughead" my 5" Jart on an L1115 to check how the Eggfinder will work at 12k ft. No time for cooking.
Is that a 3" Wildman 2 stage? Only a few L's in 54mm, and my favorite is the L935. I saw where you were talking to Kevin about his Wildman 2 stage, but nothing on yours. Curious minds need to know.....

Decided to stop lurking around here and actually talk to people.

Started my Binder Design Stealth 54mm Level 2 build.

I really didnt do anything, BUT..I did get a PM saying an Estes Sidewinder was in the mail headed me way...SWEET!
Im thinking build thread...IF I can get the pics loaded on this POS PC. Ya,thats rite ,Im gona build it! Aint no good in the box. Think outside the box.

Thanks LW!

Last edited:
I will forward that info to my "Cooking Staff", I'm sure she will research 'Alligator Gumbo' or 'Javalina Stew' and make everybody happy! Meanwhile, I'm gonna be flying rockets!
Friday morning I will be doing my oral exam with my two TAP's for my L-3 flight and building the M1297. Then I need to get the first flight of my Extreme done on an L995. I also need to fly "Jughead" my 5" Jart on an L1115 to check how the Eggfinder will work at 12k ft. No time for cooking.
Is that a 3" Wildman 2 stage? Only a few L's in 54mm, and my favorite is the L935. I saw where you were talking to Kevin about his Wildman 2 stage, but nothing on yours. Curious minds need to know.....

As of right now I'm planning on using 2 CTI L990 blue streaks. I like the fact that blue motors light quickly and easily and I don't need any issues with trying to get a booster or sustainer motor up to pressure. If you can't cook then I understand but next year you're on the hook. :)

Remembered my Memory Card.:)

[video=youtube;SO6ylhJma9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO6ylhJma9U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
Had this waiting for me when i got home

P1070489.jpg

Also painted my PML Blackbrant Vb that i will use with the i204 for my canadian level 2 this week-end

Attachments

• P1070489.jpg
    P1070489.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 65
Looks like a perfect flight!

Thanks!
It was made extra perfect by the fact that it was "Horseshoe Night" at the Park, so about 60 Yards from our Launch Spot, there were about 40 Adults and atleast 15 Children.
They all "Ooood and Ahhhhd" and mumbled amongst themselves. Perhaps I ignited someones interest in the Hobby.

Glued the fins to my Estes Bull Pup. Starting to look like something!

IMG_20140819_220112_small.jpg

Bonus points if you have played more than half the games in the background :)

Last edited:
Almost forgot! Earlier today, I went over to my Moms House and after covering myself in 40% DEET, went on a Quest through her Woods to where I last saw my Aerotech G-Force in a Tree 13 Years Ago. I could not locate it or any of its Components, but will try again after the first Snowfall when the Leaves are off of the Trees.
I'de like to atleast find the Nose Cone.

And then I ordered snap ring pliers from McMaster.

Along with a pack of 12 16x20" furnace filters for my computer case, which goes through one each month. 63 dollars for 12 is much more reasonable than 15 dollars for one at a retail store.

Recharged the batteries on both my Eggfinders and cycled them on to make sure they got lock. Went to install the magnetic base antenna on the LCD RX and discovered the connector doesn't fit the RX board. Rather than try to find an adapter, I cut the end off the coax and spliced a new connector on from a short coax I had. Got good signal from both transmitters, so the splice must be good. Will be doing a distance test tomorrow.

Much like I have been doing for the past two months... Working on the Moon Express lunar lander project for the Google Lunar X-Prize. Eyes wide open..!

...oral exam? What oral exam? I couldn't find anything about that in the requirements, where did you get that from?

I'm ready for our 13th of September launch, that's what I like with small launches with few peoples, no pads waiting time.

m1_zpsb1e6c110.jpg

...oral exam? What oral exam? I couldn't find anything about that in the requirements, where did you get that from?

Relax! What Wayne described as an "oral exam" is really the three of us (Wayne, myself, and Roy Polmanteer the other TAP) getting together and reviewing the project prior to Wayne starting the prep on the rocket. It's not an exam!

Bob Brown
TAP

Sanded a light coat of primer down to look for imperfections along the body and fillets of my LOC kit..

Did some work on the Fins for my TLP Martel AS 37.
Gotta' have little Steering Bits.

Last edited:
Ordered my first Wildman , a Wild Child with the DD option, I need a G-H Rocket but with the DD option I will push it more for sure, will do a 1/3, 2/3 full fins to fins as usually, it give more weight to keep the rocket low.

Back