What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Motors, Basswood Sheets, Vinyl Sheets in different Colors, BSI 20 Minute Finish Cure Epoxy, three types of CA, 3 Cans of Primer, 2 Cans of Clear Coat, and a Few Cans of Colors, Some Little Detail Bits, a Thimble for when I'm Sewing stuff by Hand, Needles, 3 Eye Bolts with Washers.
Oh, and a Box of 100 Nitrile Gloves.
And a new Multi-Meter, but that's mostly for doing stuff to my Truck even though I can do Rocket Stuff with it.
Pretty good Haul for one Day, but I have not had any Sleep for awhile so I'll have to wait to play with all my goodies til' I can get rested up.

Oh, and got Crepe Paper Streamer to use as Recovery Wadding. $1 for an 81' x 2" Roll.

Last edited:
Bought some quick links and met my local hobby store owner for the first time. He's willing to order anything I need even though I'm only one of a very few people in town that are into rockets... This could be bad news.

Built myself a nice cart at Rocketry Warehouse but didn't hit the checkout button. I'm afraid she's going to kill me if i do so.

Last edited:
Ordered more than I need from the Estes sale, but still contemplating the Madcow sale. Just glad there are no other sales going on....

Bought an Estes Mega Mosquito, and Leviathan with their labor day sale. Probably gonna put a 38mm motor mount in the Leviathan. Might try doing something to the mega mosquito too but i'll have to see the kit in person to see what I can change.

Flew Red tailed Extreme on an M1297 to 13,124 ft for my L-3 cert flight. More info. later when I can use a real keyboard.

Congrats and looking forward to the flight report as well as how the new camper performed for you.

I ordered a motor tube, some centering rings and an Aeropack for my Squat. I am going to convert it to 38mm.

Went back to Coins & Hobbies and got the Estes Canadian Arrow Kit that I was eyeballin' yesterday. It looks like fun, and I can do it up like a V2.

Canadian Arrow 001.jpg

I took advantage of the Madcow Rocketry 15% off Labor Day Sale and bought a 4" removable altimeter bay for my Madcow Frenzy kit.

Everything in the store is on sale so it's an opportunity to pick up a lotta cool rocketry gear for 15% off.

Madcow Rocketry

I won this at the Job BBQ today, I will certainly find a usage for it in my rockets ship

maki.jpg

Got a package from Rocketchutes.
Eyeballed both Estes and Madcow sales. Jury is still out on what I'll buy.(if anything).
Went to WWorld and bought a huge clear plastic tub to put all the kits in that I allready have and put it in the shed .Trying to clean the rocket room up. The room has way to much stuff in it.
I get all mad and angry when I cant find what I'm looking for. Crap everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Told the wife I need to pack all the kits up and put them away and concentrate on getting the ones I have allready started done. Between scratchers and kits,I maybe have 8 rocket in the making. I dont need to start anymore.

Took a break from my build today to shape some fins for my wife's Madcow Torrent. Used my router to do the job. Worked nice, and made an easy job of it.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1409430972.097176.jpg

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1409430994.611759.jpg

Willie

Got these in the mail today from Qualman Rocketry. Six 18mm stands, some centering rings and some sweet fin alignment guides. Excellent work! Thanks Qualman!

IMG_7988.jpg

Successful L2 cert today!
CTI K740 C-star to 5,999'.
Only got one question wrong on the test too!

I went through, took stock and organized my rocket stuff. I thinned out what I don't need or won't use. I am getting my mind ready for the winters builds.

Back