What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assembled my first egg timer and worked on finishing up an AV sled. I realized that I need to make another trip to the hardware store before finishing off my Lil Rascal, and 38mm ventris DD rockets.

Flew Red tailed Extreme on an M1297 to 13,124 ft for my L-3 cert flight. More info. later when I can use a real keyboard.

Congratulations Wayco ! :wave:

Sounds like a NEW Personal Best !

Can't wait to hear the Personal Trailer and Launch report .

Kenny

I start to work on an Ebay that will be use on many Aerotech Rockets , I use PML foam betwen the coupler and the Ebay

eb1_zpse732c361.jpg

eb2_zpsb551221f.jpg

I went a little overboard and ordered an 808 camera and extension cable and designed a camera shroud for my first ever build... If it's worth doing, it's worth over doing!

- Continued to tweak my two stager design. Simulation gives 800m on an E12-0 + E9-7
- Resisted the urge for the 3rd time to buy the Leviathan on special :p

Got home after a loooong night. Unpacking my stuff from the car, I drop the fin can for my l2 rocket. Good thing it was made of FWFG. The only damage is a fin that became dislodged from it's TTW mount. I'm going to pull it completely out sand everything down (somehow I will get the sandpaper through the fin slot) and re-epoxy it.

That spent K motor is still in the retainer, we think it put a minor weld on the retainer so it can't come undone by hand. :/

But here is an awesome frame grab from my dads iPhone that we mounted about 10' from the pad:
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1409458541.458003.jpg

I'm also never launching this rocket on a 1010 rail ever again. The force from launch was so high that the rocket broke the top rail button free from the rail. It still flew straight as an arrow though.

Lessee...
Today I transfer my new buckets of Aeropoxy 6209 to squeeze bottles, then lasercut some plywood for a av-bay bulkhead assembly. I think I'll redesign it though --- tighten up the tolerance on the coupler, and try to get the common-swappable sled small enough to fit in 29mm tubes.

Finished an octagonal 24" ripstop nylon chute for one of my new scratch built mid-powers...

Canadian Arrows in disguise. :wink:

Awesome.
If anyone here wants to turn a V2 into a Canadian Arrow, I have a free Decal Sheet and Paint Templates/Instuction Sheet you can have, just shoot me a PM and first one gets it.

Well,the rains came and Im digging thru the rocket room. Packing up the kits and finished rockets.
Ill keep a few out for display. The file cabinet and the shelf next to it that the "TopHat" is on, are going.
Think I'll try getting a taller shelf unit for that space to put,what else,rockets on. :lol:

Rocket room 001.jpg

Rocket room 002.jpg

Rocket room 003.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome.
If anyone here wants to turn a V2 into a Canadian Arrow, I have a free Decal Sheet and Paint Templates/Instuction Sheet you can have, just shoot me a PM and first one gets it.
I have the Arrow, looking for ,Thunderstar-Lucky Seven-Cosmos Mariner and the Rubicon to complete me x-prize collection.
I havent really looked for these in about a year. I think Amazon still has the Rubicon.

I had taped up the exterior root edges but the internals placed where the fins meet the forward bulkhead ran down the rocket inside and out.

Should have used rocket poxy ! :facepalm:

Was easier to slice with a blade down the length with a traditional razor blade vs scraping with the xacto knife.

Will get the internal shoulder mound scraped and sanded at least the first couple of inches for the nose cone shoulder to seat.

Kenny

I (finally!) uploaded a video from the August NEFAR launch to YouTube.

[YOUTUBE]YivpZ2xrZv4[/YOUTUBE]

Check out the model rocket "blowing a smoke ring" at ejection about halfway in.

-- Roger

Let's see pictures please... without them you know what they say here.."it doesn't exist":wink:

I just happen to have more parts to build at least 2 more. :grin:

I think those can also be made into the Americanized version called "MX" I think it is. Basically a stretched V2.

I (finally!) uploaded a video from the August NEFAR launch to YouTube.

[YOUTUBE]YivpZ2xrZv4[/YOUTUBE]

Check out the model rocket "blowing a smoke ring" at ejection about halfway in.

-- Roger

Cool! What did you use to get the video?

Just ordered a Darkstar Jr with 2 stage upgrade and a Raven. Going to do test flights with it before I go scratch built with 54mm motors

Back