What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on the Ventris, repaired the Semroc Mars Lander, cleaned the shop a bit.
Whenever I clean my shop it is so much more inviting to start another project right away and mess it right back up again. Just like a clean kitchen..it just calls me right back in to start cooking and start making a mess.

My daughter just called to let me know that my Rocketry Warehouse Hump Day Special, The Fire Flyer, has been delivered... this week has been just like Christmas for me!

Finished assembling ebay and full rocket including motor E30 and chute. Weights in at 305 grams without the paint.

Anything could be done about stupid android app that auto rotates all my pictures to landscape orientation?

1437787499559.jpg

Helped my son with the avionics bay of his science fair rockets, and ordered a ZmarterDezzender and deployment bag for the 4" Phoenix.

Work continues today on four on-going projects; two rebuilds, the Black Dahlia & Excalibur, as well as two new builds, the Adventurer3 & Fire Flyer from Rocketry Warehouse.

Almost finished painting my punisher today. Also found out I can't fly it on a K740 for its first flight, too much altitude for a 10,000' waiver.

Started packing the truck for Hellfire, not sure we will get all 30 rockets in there. DANG!
Sharon is still trying to finish her Super Jart, did the avbay sled today. Should be able to mount the charge cups and terminal blocks tomorrow.

Washed and prepared V2 nose cone for priming tomorrow. Continued assembling mercury module of Mercury Redstone.

Went to URRG launch in Potter. Made five flights, including my brand-new Argent:
WP_003446.jpg

Got five rockets back too - though, on the Argent's maiden flight, half of the chute shroud lines pulled out. Deployment appeared to be just about at apogee, so it isn't like it was going fast. Fortunately, the remaining half let the chute build enough drag to land intact in the carrots. Other rockets launched: 4" Der V-3, upscale Astron Ranger (on three C11-5's), Der Mean Machine Max, & Prometheus. Launch photos to come.

I sanded 2 sets of saucer guts and installed the replacement Aeropack Tailcone on the garage sale rocket.

And yes i use rocket poxy to install the retainer but not as a glue.... jb weld per instructions

Kenny

1437893152053.jpg

1437893229767.jpg

Finished assembling the Mercury Redstone capsule. Cut and sanded forward fins on MIM-23B HAWK thanks to newly acquired band saw and band sanding machine. Decided to modify the TLP FLAIL and drop the forward fins.

Today I pretty much did jack and crap. But yesterday I spent the day at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. Which included a long and extensive conversation with a NASA engineer who worked from at least the Saturn V to the Orion SLS before retiring. BEST DAY EVER! Ok, top 10 but still way beyond awesome. Mike Pessin was phenomenal and so happy to share his knowledge.

flew my first vmax today (G-250 on a wildman vindicator sport). was a pretty sweet flight.

Yesterday I sprayed Fat Daddy with 2 coats of clear lacquer. Today I sanded the fuzzies off.
Also sanded the CWF on the nose cone for a BT70 Estes Goblin upscale and gave the rocket a coat of white primer.

Made 9 more flights today, but burned 16 engines in the process since 4 where cluster engine configurations. But I had 100% light! Pics to come when I pull them from the camera.

Spent about 6 hours moving rocketry materials from one part of the basement to another; organizing the disaster is what took so long (and I'm still not totally finished). Hopefully I'll start back on building in the next couple of days. I've got a lot of kits and AP to send up for AIRFest...

Doug

Back