What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that your Wildchild? I was observing a L1 attempt for the gentleman that found it. His flight had a long drift down range. He came across the Wildchild pretty far north on the field.

Was this the L1 flight a few months ago that just vanished after launch?
JW
That was my Wildchild, and yes it is the one that vanished upon launch. I will no longer think, "surely someone who is good at spotting rockets will see this."

If either I had come alone, or more family had come I would have gone out looking for it this launch. Upon further thinking I was sure I hadn't even come close to going far enough away from the launch pad. At any rate, before it goes up again at a minimum a tracker is going inside the upper section. Should have received an Egg Finder yesterday, but for some reason the postman didn't bring it by and lied claiming no safe place to leave it.

ordered a foodsaver machine for some upcoming projects to help in laminating the fins.

Woke up this mornng with hybrids on the brain... need to check to see if I have fever, cause I must be sick!

Sounds like a blues song by Rory Gallagher. :Did you ever wake up with those bullfrogs on your mind..."

No fever: Launching hybrid sounds sick...like gastrointestinal distress.

I have been modifing a large plastic one gallon jar into a vacuum chamber. It is big enough to get a 3" x 6 " ebay into.

Last week I bought my wife a pearl pendant necklace for our 12 year anniversary.

How it that rocketry related? Today I used the Apogee Components gift certificate she got me as an anniversary gift to buy a guillotine fin jig. :)

Laminated 3 FG fins with carbon fiber for my Lvl 2 project - first time working with CF and first time laminating FG fins - I'm nervous about how they are going to turn out.

Filleted the fins on my Ceiling Pusher 29 with Rocketpoxy. also worked on getting ready for our club launch this weekend.

I finish the build and assembly of the 20' antenna tower launch pad I designed for my dad, and tested it with him by loading his nearly 22ft "Really Really Mean Machine" on it. We then loaded it on his trailer to head for Argonia.

Prepped rockets for Freedom Launch
No Deuce98, CTI didn't have 2 M1790's.
High Tech H45 - I55 Mellow
Additional 2.6 payload/chute/altbay for a 38 EX sparky
4-29SS, 2 G100 airstarting 2 F22
EZI-65, J94 mellow
The Motoreater is back, J1520 airstarting 8 F15's.
Ultimate 24, 7 E9-6
Mega Mosquito, F15-6

Last edited:
Received a new launchpad: Estes E system for D and E motors. F and G will wait for next year with the mantis pad or a scratch build pad with a 1 inch rail.

Also received my first 18mm AeroTech D motors, which I intend to put in an Estes Patriot and Der Red Max.

Sanded and then sanded some more on me Sidewinder.
Ordered some nylon chutes.
One was a nice dark blue for me UnderDog (Big Daddy)rocket.
Been wanting a blue cuz his cape is blue.

Underdog8.JPG

Last edited:
1. Applied fillets to the fins of my Estes Cosmic Explorer
2. Sanded and puttied the nose cone
3. Purchased dust masks, nitrile gloves (learned the hard way why these are necessary), a new 12-inch metal ruler, and a cutting mat (40% off!!)
4. Began painting the PVC tube I intend to use to transport launch rods
5. Started experimenting with plastic putty as a fin filler, as recommended by TRF user Krusty, on a scrap piece of balsa
6. About to start another rocket build while I wait for glue to dry
7. Waited impatiently for the delivery of my 3D Rocketry Nautilus II

Back