What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could probably just buy some lube from the autoparts store too. I use MobilOne synthetic grease on my reloads. You don't "have" to use superlube, unless the stores are close enough.

Good to know. I was just going to buy it at HF because someone mentioned that they carried the exact one that AT supplies in it's kits, so I figured I'd go with that.

Good to know. I was just going to buy it at HF because someone mentioned that they carried the exact one that AT supplies in it's kits, so I figured I'd go with that.

It's cheaper at HF too.
I'm in paint mode today. Had to wait till around 10:30 for it to warm up, but now I have the final coat of VHT wheel paint on Coppertop and the first coat of primer on the bondo I put at the leading edge of my ACME fincan on the Bunny.
Did the usual check on tracking data for stuff coming my way, should get the Perfectflite external speakers today. Might be able to finish the aft avbay bulkhead later today.

Sent in a proposal to the Association of Rural and Small Libraries to teach a seminar on setting up rocketry program within your library. If accepted, I will be giving this seminar in Omaha, in September, to library directors from all over the U.S.

Heading down to Ace Hardware in a bit to get more CWF, maybe a couple of other items needed for my build.

Watched the TDRS-K launch last night in an OTC medication haze... Does that count?

I would guess many folks do a little rocketry work every few days. Maybe your work is not new thread worthy, but you might want to at least share with others.
If you feel like it, this can be a thread for that. On the arcade message board I visit they have a thread like that and it is nice.

Both the air pistol and motorized bike forums I frequent do this. They're the longest running threads in both forums. I keep hopeing that our longest running thread will drop off the page and disappear ;) but that's just me.

Sent in a proposal to the Association of Rural and Small Libraries to teach a seminar on setting up rocketry program within your library. If accepted, I will be giving this seminar in Omaha, in September, to library directors from all over the U.S.

Cool. My neighbor is a librarian. Might see if I can hitch a ride with her if she goes.

Yup! Read TRF, as I always do daily.....Does dreaming about a rocket design count?

Both the air pistol and motorized bike forums I frequent do this. They're the longest running threads in both forums. I keep hopeing that our longest running thread will drop off the page and disappear ;) but that's just me.

Same with my subaru forum...

So far today ive opened my black star voyager and will be spending the rest of the afternoon taking inventory... jebus theres a lot of balsa... contemplating doing a build thread for this one and getting a rocksim file up

Cut the tubes and printed out the shroud for an upscale Goony Vector V (or Vector G) project that uses BT-80 and BT-101 tubes. Semroc makes a 5080 centering ring for the motor tube, but there is no source for the 80101 centering ring. Anyone know of a widget or online calculator to make that process easier?

Cut the tubes and printed out the shroud for an upscale Goony Vector V (or Vector G) project that uses BT-80 and BT-101 tubes. Semroc makes a 5080 centering ring for the motor tube, but there is no source for the 80101 centering ring. Anyone know of a widget or online calculator to make that process easier?

You can give this a try. www.payloadbay.com/index.php?page=Tools&action=RINGS

I have been productive!
1) I applied the fillets to my LOC Onyx
2) I finnished epoxying the MMT for my 4" Madcow Phoenix
3) I worked on the Phoenix Rocksim file to ensure all my simulations are accurate.
4) And always, waste a little time reading and learning new things on TRF!!

IMAG3064 by beerorkid, on Flickr

The wife and I work at the same place and we live a mile from work so we go home for lunch. At lunch she kept looking out for the mailman. She said she had a package coming today. Got home from work and she grabs the mail and starts doing the happy dance. Hands me the box from Jolly Logic and says "SURPRISE". It came wrapped in gold wrapping paper. Seems during my constant rambling about rockets I mentioned altimiters. She did the research on her own and got the cool one off Amazon. "My honey needed the one with the cool functions not that weak one that just tells you how high it went"

I fricking love that girl. Been together for 15 years and she is happy to get into rockets with me. Painted her own rocket and is ready for her next one to paint, but she is not crazy about the building part and is not all that obsessed about them like I am currently. Will see if she goes with me on launches often when it warms up, but that sure was a nice surprise.

Continued working on my AT Strong Arm kit. Mounted the fins and cut the strakes.

While waiting to get an endoscopy to day I thought about a couple of designs I've been kicking around to kit on small scale, thought about if i'll ever see the order I place at a rocketry vendor 2 months ago:(, and that's it so far.
This subject is also the most popular on a car model forum I visit, people post what they've done and also if and what they purchased recently.....

Maidened the Big Daddy today and had 4 successful flights. I wanted to get some good pics , but this is all I got. Oh well, I still need to get used to this new camera.

DSC_0807.jpg

Maidened the Big Daddy today and had 4 successful flights. I wanted to get some good pics , but this is all I got. Oh well, I still need to get used to this new camera.

DSC_0807.jpg

What engines did you use?

Rolled a BT-40 body tube..gonna build a Estes Mark from scratch.

test fired my 3.1" cannon a.k.a. my DDbird...charges work :), now for warmer weather...
rex

Ordered the new Mizz Judy from Eric at Baddazz, communicated with Mark at Stickershock on a design he is working on for me. Visited with one of the vendors I outsource work to and showed them pics of my Lil Rascal and Formula 75 I launched on the 19th. Started my day reading the forum and will probably end my day doing the same thing.

Talked with AKSrockets a lot, changed my user title to "Village Idiot In Training", took a picture of my new 'chute, and waited all day for my composite order to arrive.

Back