What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning I went to fly some and this happened on the last flight:

[youtube]c22WaLmYeVc[/youtube]

Can anyone better that? :)

You win closest to the pad!

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Did some finishing work on my Christmas Tree Stand Launch Pad. It's looking nice with the red Vinyl Bands on it.

Had a spectacular crash (skywriting followed by a lawndart, with the body of the rocket ejecting comically into the air from the nose cone embedded in the dirt). There were gasps (I should point out this was an MPR ship on an F) followed by applause from the spectators.

Lucky break number 1: I was relieved it embedded its nose in the ground instead of something/someone else.
Lucky break #2: My son got the whole thing on video (will share later)
Lucky break #3: the rocket survived (!) to have a nice flight on a different motor.

I think it's time to buy a lottery ticket :p

Last edited:
Started working on my Trident II clone...I'll probably start a build thread after I'm a bit furrher along. Also, ordered a pile of 24/40 reloads and threw in a couple nosecones (one will become a tailcone) for my L2 project (4" blue tube Arapahoe J) from Wildman.

After 37 years, I finally finished my first Mosquito. And I mean finished finished, right down to the Mini Brute bug decal.

I have vacation this week, so I plan to lose it before Saturday.

Also finished the Semroc Astrobee 350.

Also completed paint on the Estes Payloader II with decals to come later today, painted the yellow body of the THOY Macron, with black nose cone and fins to come later today, and finished painting the Estes Reflector, with a decal search to take place later today. Busy day.

Over the weekend I went to LDRS had a great time and bought the Missile Works RRC2+ and the new 29mm Smart Sled to use in the Argent/SLS DD I'm working on. Went to a club launch met some really nice folks and scored a Mega Der Red Max kit (Always wanted one of those). Was informed that I will be getting an Estes OOP Geo Sat LV kit this week.
So all in all an excellent weekend. :grin:

Worked on my portable PVC launch pad. It's angle can be adjusted and I can use different rod sizes. It's also collapsible since I did not glue it which allows me to store the different sized rods inside while traveling. Now I just need to make a blast shield.

14706709364_01e731955c_o.jpg

14706715904_c01ab74df5_o.jpg

14709106685_a254933202_o.jpg

14709116075_7f4c1c0913_o.jpg

14709118945_82a60f38c1_o.jpg

Attended a P.A.R.C. launch Sat. 19th.

Launched “Nell” with a C6-3 and the landing pretty much re-kitted the rocket. I could have fit the entire model in a shoe box. Kind of looked like a pile of “Tinker-Toys” after being set upon by an angry and highly energized three year old.

“Mucho, Macho, Mondo, Mega, Mosquito” aka “M^5” flew successfully on a D12-3 and almost stuck the landing.
Can’t wait to try this with an AP “E” motor or even a low-end “F”.

“Round Bottom Rocket” did well on two of its three B6-4s. Desperately need a source of more reliable igniters for my many clustered rockets now that the Quest offering has seemingly vanished. Yes, they say it will be back in September but I’m not holding my breath.

The “Tri-Cone-Nect” exploded off the rod like a rocket. . .Okay, so I suck at metaphor, on its three A3-4Ts; though I am going to have to figure out some way to deal with the overwhelming effects of the combined ejection charges. Even with 6’ of shock cord it still yanked the nose cone back so as to crease it against one of the fins and the streamers were wound up like a old set of Christmas Tree lights.

The fin itself being 1/16” Basswood had only a blemish in the paint.

The rest of my launches that day were pretty generic.

This weekend I worked on the ebay of my "Konive & Steal" Arctic Wolf DD. I had originally set this up to work with an Adept22, but I've now switched it over to a TeleMini. I had to mount the TeleMini upside down in order for it to fit on the sled. A quick email to Keith let me know that this would be just fine.

I'm planning on launching it a couple times this coming weekend at OROC's Summer Skies launch.

I learned that our club is having a launch this weekend, and planned on flying the upper stage of my 2 stage rocket. Shakedown flight as suggested by Dave Morey.

I haven't read The Rocketry Forum in about two weeks, so I declared Forum Bankruptcy and marked all threads as read. Hope I haven't missed too much cool stuff...

Flew my Astron Elliptic 1, and somehow it did this to itself when it landed even though it deployed its Streamer and landed in soft Grass.:confused:

:(

Are you sure the damage was inflicted by the landing? And not by the massive acceleration imparted by the tremendous thrust of the A3-4T motor?

Are you sure the damage was inflicted by the landing? And not by the massive acceleration imparted by the tremendous thrust of the A3-4T motor?

It was a 1/2A. Not a big deal I guess, but it's wierd that it did that.

I haven't read The Rocketry Forum in about two weeks, so I declared Forum Bankruptcy and marked all threads as read. Hope I haven't missed too much cool stuff...
Yeah, you did... :p

Just kidding.

Also, i am glad I am not the only person who does this. :)

Just kidding.

I do this when I get behind. I did get behind recently, but caught up and it was a whole lot of not much in my opinion.

Just kidding.

I do this when I get behind. I did get behind recently, but caught up and it was a whole lot of not much in my opinion.

Make the inventory of my casing

only 1 AT missing and 8 CTI to complete my 18 to 54mm collection and after I will get into the 75 and 98 .

case1_zps4c163b7c.jpg

case2_zps08e35eb9.jpg

Got the Parts cut and dry fitted for my Cat themed Rocket.:)
The Tail Cone is made from a Meow Mix Wet Food Container and has "Meow Mix" embossed in it.
I'm going to print Pictures of my 8 Cats and use them as the Graphics on the Rocket.

While my Fins for my Cat Rocket are drying under Books, I began building the Fliskits Teeny Triskelion that Cavecentral gave me.

Printed the fin pattern for my next project, 5.5" SA-14 Archer.
54mm, redundant elctronics. All parts are in, just have to start putting it all together.
8' Tall, somewhere around 15-17lbs.

I made a little more progress on my LOC DoorKnob. I drilled 8x 3/16" vent holes in the nose cone about an inch above the shoulder. I used Vern Knowles website to calculate the size and number of holes. I also bolted up the bulk plate to the nose cone to make sure that I didn't have any interference from excess glue.

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

Hey TopRamen... If the Meow Mixer lands in a tree will it be able to climb down by itself? :lol:

Filled in the tube spirals and got my decals from Excelsior. They look fantastic and I can't wait to put them on!

IMG_7752.jpg

IMG_7757.jpg

Back