What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the initial coat of Gloss Cherry Red on my MDRM today. Waiting for it to cure for 48 hours so I can lightly sand and put another coat on it...

Attaching fins to the Quad. Left the fins square, not sure why the directions mentioned rounding the leading and trailing edges when its a square rocket:)
RzmPyty.png

Brushed AeroGloss Balsa Filler onto the fins of the Trident, STM-012, and Sprint XL that I built last weekend. Then finished decals on the Supernova and QCC Explorer!
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1487909732.205596.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1487909759.309863.jpg

Been a busy week, but not for rocketry. Just finished putting 54 fillets (titebond quick&thick) on the Blackstar Voyager's finlet's and detail pieces. Will post pictures and full status tomorrow in thread.

Been a busy week, but not for rocketry. Just finished putting 54 fillets (titebond quick&thick) on the Blackstar Voyager's finlet's and detail pieces. Will post pictures and full status tomorrow in thread.

I have a glue called Molding and Trim No Run No Drip, same stuff as quick and thick?

Brushed AeroGloss Balsa Filler onto the fins of the Trident, STM-012, and Sprint XL that I built last weekend. Then finished decals on the Supernova and QCC Explorer!
View attachment 312910View attachment 312911

Awesome looking Explorer, and that Supernova brings back memories. Nice Job.

View attachment 312910View attachment 312911

Like button TJ! Very nice

Realizing that the 3Oaks Midwest Blast is going to be here before I know it - I have much to complete, repairing of my magnum nose cone, complete an LOC H45 and much more so ...
Today is going to be a decent rocket day, ordered "Composite Propellant Book" and thinking of going down that path.

Started assembly of my first Eggtiner products which I've had for 6 mos, Quark and a Wifi Switch and realize I need an magnifying glass - but it's going ok anyway.

Started assembly of the Missleworks RTx system.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1487942575.480190.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1487942592.775020.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1487942616.094069.jpg

I have a glue called Molding and Trim No Run No Drip, same stuff as quick and thick?

As far as I know, Q&T is not the same product as M&T/NrNd. That being said it's very Thick, and it sets very Quick, doesn't run, forms decent fillets because it doesn't shrink as much as TBII, and (most importantly for me) I can buy it at Lowe's.

If it didn't hold.its position well, there is NO way I'd have been able to do all 54 fillets in one sitting.

As far as I know, Q&T is not the same product as M&T/NrNd. That being said it's very Thick, and it sets very Quick, doesn't run, forms decent fillets because it doesn't shrink as much as TBII, and (most importantly for me) I can buy it at Lowe's.

If it didn't hold.its position well, there is NO way I'd have been able to do all 54 fillets in one sitting.

Titebond M&T is impossible to find. I suspect that it's been discontinued, and Q&T is its replacement. I actually ordered some M&T from Amazon and was sent Q&T. I've used Q&T on a couple LPR builds, and it seems to work well for fillets.

Last edited:
Titebond M&T is impossible to find. I suspect that it's been discontinued, and Q&T is its replacement. I actually ordered some M&T from Amazon and was sent Q&T. I've used Q&T on a couple LPR builds, and it seems to work well for fillets.

I want to.say Q&T is a seperate product from No Run No Drip (which is still in production). One day I'd like to do a comparison between the two and then ask someone that used Molding and Trim to say which matches it better.

Why change it? Go figure

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Stay tuned... I've got plenty more coming down the pipeline! :)

It appears to be the same stuff, yes. I just started on a new bottle of it myself.

I want to.say Q&T is a seperate product from No Run No Drip (which is still in production). One day I'd like to do a comparison between the two and then ask someone that used Molding and Trim to say which matches it better.

Why change it? Go figure

All three glues TMTG, NRND, and Q&T share the same catalog number according to Titebond, its Cat. No. 2403 for the 8oz and for at least two of them Cat. No. 2404 for the 16oz, TMTG didn't seem to be offered in a 16 iirc. Given they all share the same Catalog number that would imply to me they are the same product, different name. I could not find the sales sheet with the data for TMTG, only the two current products.

View attachment FF1026_QuickThickSalesSheet.pdf

View attachment FF875_No-RunSales.pdf

Last edited:
Here are the product pages:
No Run No Drip: https://www.titebond.com/product.aspx?id=a1e18a48-c721-4b0b-8f63-259c477919e0
Quck and Thick: https://www.titebond.com/product.aspx?id=d1b48beb-7d60-4ce7-b57b-6bf19351778b

If you look at the Physical Properties and Application Guidelines for each, you'll find they are *identical* with the exception of color. And Titebond claims NRND is beige, which does not agree with my bottle (it's white, same as the Quick and Thick). I haven't yet been able to verify if Quick and Thick dries more transparently; I suppose that's possible.

And so, while they give different *descriptions* for the two glues, I'm not seeing any objective documentation that they're any different. Same catalog number lends further credence to their being the same. And in my hands-on they sure seem the same as well.

I still have two bottles of M and T from late 2016. I'll snag some q and t next time I'm at Lowe's and compare.

Made a 6x36x1/8" balsa sandwich.

Two 6x36x1/16 balsa sheets with 2oz fiberglass between.

Also cut some fins for an upcoming project. Here you can see the cross section.

Assembled the RTx base unit / LCD into the Missleworks printed cases.

(Now I realize I would like the Bluetooth module - but easy add on)

Just temporarily taped to a sled so I can play with it

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1487967773.781554.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1487967793.467070.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1487967807.984899.jpg

In other news, I got the switch band glued onto the AV bay coupler for my WM Jart 5/98. Cut the rods to length and fastened to the AV bay lid. Next step is to get one more of those super small LiPo's and see if two will fit in one 9V slot on the MW 3D printed sled so I can have both altimeters AND the Rtx on one sled.

Hey! Great minds think alike! I got the same setup exactly. Got it working last Sunday. Took it outside and got Satellite lock. Walked away and watched the arrows change directions.

Sweet! I remember reading that you started on yours. I can't wait to use it.

Sweet! I remember reading that you started on yours. I can't wait to use it.

I've been kicking around the idea of getting one. I already have one of the double unit Missile Works 3D printed sleds. Hopefully before Midwest Blast 2 I'll have one so I can push that 12k waiver.

Ordered some braided Kevlar kite string for my future Estes builds, also picked up an Estes Magician at the same time.

Finished building my QuadGoblin. Waiting on paint, disabled for the time being so I have to give the shopping list to my wife.

YKw6U1R.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I tried to ruin my paint on the MDRM :-(. after a 48 hour cure, I was putting on another coat of paint and it started to orange peel in a few spots...

Back