What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting the finishing touches on the nose cone av-bay for my minnie magg. Using motor eject at apogee and a Missileworks RRC2+ to control the cable cutter for the main at 500ft. Build thread is on my profile in my albums.

I wonder how you're planing to glue the bulkhead to the nose cone.

Ari.

Started prepping rockets and setting the reloads and cases aside in preparation for Beach Blast this weekend. Hurricane Arthur will be long gone by the weekend and the weather/winds should be very good.

Bought a 29-360 motor off ebay, so then I had to order an I200W reload to stuff in it (PAC-3 gonna get a ride). While I was at it I picked up a 38 mm plugged forward closure and an H999 Vmax Teleporter to go with it (destined for the blue tube Cherokee-I). Also, threw in an H97J for the Mega Der Duke Max maiden flight.

Moments later I realized that it is the 2nd, and I've spent the monthly rocket budget, except for the $10 I need to fly the stuff I just bought...looks like the build pile will shrink a bit this month.

Oh, and sprayed the 3 black fins on my D-Region Tomahawk.

Last edited:
Ordered some motors and a few odds and end from Wildman for LDRS.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I wonder how you're planing to glue the bulkhead to the nose cone.

Ari.

Going to glue blocks to the back of the bulkhead and use countersunk screws through the NC shoulder. Pretty much the same way alot of guys here on the forum make blocks on their CRs for the rail buttons.

I just assembled a CTI L1410 SkidMark for Beach Blast. Going to put my Behemoth Bertha up probably late Saturday.

Had an FAA part 101 waiver issue in my name. I feel so l33t now.

Ari.

Loaded my suberban truck with everything I think I will need for SCI power and then some. Ready to hit the pavement in the AM.

Congrats and thanks for all you do.

Thanks!

BTW, I know, it's a bad photo, but it was good cake.

Being adults (who are quite aware that you can't really ruin your appetite), we had the cake (with ice cream) for dinner! If that seems wrong to you, please refer to Dr. William Henry Cosby, Jr., Ed.D and his dissertation (get it?) titled Dad Is Great: Give Us Cake.​

-- Roger

I received an order from McMaster Carr.

1/16" Fiberglass
1/32" Fiberglass
PEM Nuts
Weld Nuts
4-32 All thread and nuts
#2 Silicone O-Rings

and the best thing.... Nitrile Gloves in size small.

Repaired my modified HyperLoc 300 BT. During the last flight the nose cone hit the BT pretty hard on landing, crushing the top of the BT. After considering several different methods to repair the damaged, I decided to cut the BT 3" above the forward centering ring and section in a new 15" length of BT, which adds 3" to the BT.
She's now ready for primer, paint and launching again...

DSC_0277.jpg

I'm thinking about building a rocket, decorating it in an undisclosed company's livelry , and naming it "Shafted"

:rant:

Received a X-acto 9" paper cutter for making stripes and cut up a nice pile :) 1/8" stripes from Trim Monokote speeds up the process of pinstriping without the worry of overspray..

Finished up my Indigo Fins.
Total Weight so far, 10.25oz. See, I can build light if I so choose.:neener:

Added Aluminum Foil Tape Band to my Star Trooper. Since it's a Friction Fit Bird, this will allow me to not have to make Motors too Tight, as I can provide additional Retention via a wrap of Tape on the outside without having to worry about peeling my Paint off to remove the Motor. I'll Clear Coat over it anyway, but I'm glad I thought of it before the first Launch.

Added Aluminum Foil Tape Band to my Star Trooper. Since it's a Friction Fit Bird, this will allow me to not have to make Motors too Tight, as I can provide additional Retention via a wrap of Tape on the outside without having to worry about peeling my Paint off to remove the Motor. I'll Clear Coat over it anyway, but I'm glad I thought of it before the first Launch.

Nice trick. I was trying to come up with a clever idea for the same problem with my estes viking.

Back