What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I applied the first color coat of paint to the “Tri-Oomph” and primer to another scratch built rocket; that one remains unnamed as of yet.

“Round Bottomed Rocket” is completed and awaits finishing along with “Nell” (“Tied Too The Railroad Tracks”)

14349913120_cfa279b663_z.jpg

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?67095-Scratch-tube-fin-3-inch

LIKE! So, is that cat the build supervisor?

Tried to make use of this Sites "Search Function" and realized it is the most worthless "Search Function" of any Forum I've ever been a Member of.:facepalm:

Last edited:
LIKE! So, is that cat the build supervisor?

He supervises anything on the kitchen counter.

Shock cord and MMT installed. All that is left is rail buttons and borrowing a nose cone from her siblings for flight. The 24 inch stuffer tube is comical in its length, but will accomidate anything I want to jam in it.

Worked a 2.5" diameter rocket that started to build and then tore back a part . Dumb move on my part had balsa fins that I papered . Took them off and filled and sanded down . Had a plastic lazy suzan that I cut the back off . That will be my fin can . Ring fin and like ten little fins . Should be cool

Slowly working through the 800 photos I took at Beach Blast. Here is my Black Star Voyager going up on a CTI L1030 Red Lightning. I got just over 2000' on that motor. We also had one CATO during the two-day launch.

8323 Joe Zawodny's 2.5x Black Star Voyager on a CTI L1030 Red Lightning.jpg 8503 CATO.jpg

put some filets on my big rocket, sanded two bodies, installed mini rail buttons on one, and preped the other for prime coat.

Guard cat says... "back off"

rockets.jpg

Ordered my first altimeter, a Missileworks RRC2+, and some other various goodies. I'm excited!

Nate

Built the sled for my Dark Star Extreme. Sure is easy to put a Stratologger and RRC3 with all the goodies on a 4" x 10" piece of black fiberglass.

My grandpa and I turned two hpr nose cones for some scratch builds

Sent from my iPod touch using Rocketry Forum

I lost 2 rockets in the top of trees, cheap rtf Estes so not a big lost, lol.

I just flew my very first two flights! Estes Viking on A8-3 and Estes Riptide on B6-4. Very nice conditions with < 5 km/h of wind and nice sunset. One of the Viking's fin got very sligthly dented by the landing on gravel, but otherwise, perfect flights! I'll post videos soon.

The time between pressing on the launch button and ignition was the longest quarter of a second I experienced in a long time :) Same with the 3-4 seconds before chute deployment.

Man that was exhilarating. That's it. I. am. hooked. :)

Tried to make use of this Sites "Search Function" and realized it is the most worthless "Search Function" of any Forum I've ever been a Member of.:facepalm:

True. It became crappy when the site changed hands. Probably better to just use Google.

I do find you get more hits with the TRF search if you use the search single content type instead of muliti content, using the same keywords.

True. It became crappy when the site changed hands. Probably better to just use Google.

I do find you get more hits with the TRF search if you use the search single content type instead of muliti content, using the same keywords.

I don't want to get into it, but I typed in the "Keywords" that were the Title of the Thread I was trying to find, and eventually just gave up.

Worked on a short fat tube fin . It's 26" air frame of 4.25" with six 4" fin of same diameter . Nose cone is shaped foam and filled with wood puddy . After its where want it will be fiber glasses . All together it's 36" tall but will have to check height . Thinking 54mm and adapt down to 38mm . My 54 4 grain think it's to long

Pinstriped a rocket pod on the glider kit. Touched up the Rudolph the Red Nosecone... snapped pictures of the completed kit, posted measurements on the forum, and waited for some advice on if I have the dihedral angle large enough... (I don't...)

Worked on some custom decal graphics to print on my ALPS MD1000.

bondo, sand, prime, repeat..........between thunderstorms and bouts of 50% humidity!

I tried to edit a video of my first two flights. I tried 5 different programs under Linux. I did not find a good one yet.

Today I got my first Arduino altimeter soldered up and reporting temperature corrected pressure and altitude. I checked the fit and it slides nicely into a 29mm tube.

Last edited:
Finally started putting some primer on my level 2 cert rocket that I started in January (7 foot tall 4" diameter blue tube scratch build, 38mm motor mount, dual deploy) . I think those spirals are going to need some bondo.

IMAG10271.jpg

Today I got my first Arduino altimeter soldered up and reporting temperature corrected pressure and altitude. I checked the fit and it slides nicely into a 29mm tube.

How much did it cost you and what is the level of assembly required?

I don't want to get into it, but I typed in the "Keywords" that were the Title of the Thread I was trying to find, and eventually just gave up.

I've found that searching 'posts' works best - sometimes I actually find what I'm looking for that way! But +1 on using google to do a site search.

How much did it cost you and what is the level of assembly required?

Arduino mini pro 5v = $9.95
Arduino mini protoshield = $2.95
MS5607 = $29.99

So $43.00 plus solder and a couple resistors. I just started soldering lat week and I was able to do it. The only tough part was the wire wraps on pins through board at .1 inch spacing. I should have used smaller wire. The FTDI programmer ran me $13, but I didn't count it since it is not really part of the per unit alt cost... it is a sunk cost like the soldering iron.

I posted a brief build/code thread in the electronics section.

You would also need a way to connect a 5v-12v battery to use it. I haven't had mine detached from the computer yet, so I haven't had to :)

Back