What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a little more progress on my LOC DoorKnob. I drilled 8x 3/16" vent holes in the nose cone about an inch above the shoulder. I used Vern Knowles website to calculate the size and number of holes. I also bolted up the bulk plate to the nose cone to make sure that I didn't have any interference from excess glue.

View attachment 178439

View attachment 178440

That is really pretty

Make the inventory of my casing

only 1 AT missing and 8 CTI to complete my 18 to 54mm collection and after I will get into the 75 and 98 .

case1_zps4c163b7c.jpg

case2_zps08e35eb9.jpg

jeepers man. Congrats though

I cleaned out my motor casings, retainer, and body tube of my rocket that I used for my L1 cert this past weekend

UPS dropped off a package today from Rocketry Warehouse. Here is a quick dry fit, maybe I will do a build thread.

Last night I spent some time looking at the sims of Jim Jarvis three stage rocket.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

On my way to do my annual demo launch for my wife's special-ed summer class. The school (a residential treatment facility) has a massive open field and I look forward to this launch every year,as I'm given special permission to fly there.

Here are a few of pics from last year

100_3013.jpg 100_3010.jpg 100_3012.jpg 100_3015.jpg

You're a tease for showing a Saturn V just sitting on the pad and not in action. ;)

Epoxied and then sanded the Mega Mosquito fins to shape. Next step round all edges.

These fins are the strongest I've ever built.

Mega_Mosquito_fins.jpg

You're a tease for showing a Saturn V just sitting on the pad and not in action. ;)

Mrs MALBAR isn't quick enough with the camera, so this is the Sat V action shot: 100_3016.jpg

I got all the way out to the school today and realized I forgot the camera :facepalm:

Had a good launch over all. None lost and only 2 broken fins and a seperation out of about 14 flights.

Last edited:
Filled Spirals, Sanded and Primed, Papered Fins, baught more Titebond II and some Gloss Clearcoat.:yawn:

Laid out the parts of my new Wild Child kit on the workbench. Can't wait to start this one, maybe this weekend.

Think it will be a good rocket for those new CTI G33 Mellow reloads...

Laid out the parts of my new Wild Child kit on the workbench. Can't wait to start this one, maybe this weekend.

Think it will be a good rocket for those new CTI G33 Mellow reloads...
Mellow? Is it a Wildman kit or a Mildman kit?!?

Checked out a new OOP kit I just got in the mail.

The body tubes are somewhat crushed but that's an easy fix. All the other parts are there and in perfect shape except for the motor hook which again is no problem.

Ed

Long evening of rocket prepping tonight for this weekends MDRA Launch at Central Sod Farm
Frenzy for the J145Long Burn Skidmark
Marvin Magg on an I180 with Cable Cutter deploy from the NC Av Bay
Patriot for either an I236 Blue or I540 White Thunder
Silver Bullet for either an F120VM or F59 White Thunder
Olde Bay Daddy for either F240VM or F85 White Thunder
G-Force and JDI G-Force on G118 Blue Streaks

And whatever else I can come up with

Back