What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished my little piggy
Now I need a chance to make him go whee whee whee...

photo(2).jpg

Sorry about the orientation - on my PC it is right way up

Last edited:
Came home to find a package of goodies waiting for me!

20140917_200544.jpg

My buddy has all of these cases but I couldn't pass up a smoking deal in the Yard Sale.

Jerome :)

Just learned how to use the proline epoxy today (previously only using 1:1 mixture epoxies), and with it got a bunch of parts glued on my DS Jr two stage.

Also repaired the fin I broke off my L2 rocket (dropped the fin can from the top of a car...) :
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1411012185.068625.jpg
Now that it's flight ready again I think a CTI K400 is in order...

Does anybody else lay awake at night over this stuff? When I start a new build, I'm lucky to get 4 hours of sleep at night.

Sometimes. Right now I'm trying to think of how I want to mount the tracker in the nose cone of my DS Jr.

Will we see these flying this weekend at Bong?

The sport, yes. The Batray I need to certify on, and still needs a lot of painting work (only first coat of primer and no filler).
And according to the weather forecast, maybe nothing. Unless if Saturday is rained out i might, Might be able to head out Sunday.

I had a bad summer when it came to getting projects done, so I started a bunch of Estes PSII kits the weekend before last.

Last evening I scraped some gummy epoxy fillets off of two models (Argent, Nike Smoke), and replaced them with new ones. I had a little epoxy left over so I used it to install the shock cord mount in a D-Region Tomahawk.

Tonight I'll sand the epoxy smears off of both kits, and maybe coat the Argent's fins with thinned epoxy.

And paint the trim colors on the Tomahawk. I'd spray painted the fins separately; they came out really nicely. I won't glue them in until all the trim colors are dry and the decals are on.

Got the rail button and vent holes drilled on the WM Sport, Painted a coat of blue on my Mini Fat Boy, and started to look into what I want to get my Level 1 on... There are way to many options! :confused2:
Why not the Wildman Sport?

Why not the Wildman Sport?

Yea... after that post I started playing with Open Rocket and I think the Wildman Sport will work pretty well for my Level 1. Although I think getting an Eggfinder might be a wise investment.

Yea... after that post I started playing with Open Rocket and I think the Wildman Sport will work pretty well for my Level 1. Although I think getting an Eggfinder might be a wise investment.
Depends on the field and conditions, for the most part - what will yours be? Might be able to get buy with a noise maker of some sort.

Got busy ..finished soldering some jumpers between strips and actually pulled the backing off to stick to the RED ALERT rocket.

Of course I had to retest them...

Kenny

1411100485402.jpg

1411100499560.jpg

I did some repairs and mods on my MK82 High Drag bomb rocket. I'm all set to launch it for the first time in public tomorrow.

attachment.php

Last edited:
That drag bomb looks awesome. Please post some flight video, especially after the drag wings deploy!

Clearcoated the Decals I printed yesterday and did some more Vinyl on my Martel.
Also, re-did the Vinyl on the Tan-Sam.

Prepped to rocket for my launch tomorrow.blackhawk 38 on a H148 and maybe H100 and my DX3 on a I316 spitfire.

Haven't really done much rocket wise for a few weeks. Life has just been too busy. Things should start calming down next month though, so I should be able to actually get back to building. :)

Upcoming/Planned Projects:

- 29mm rocket kit that EstesBasher kindly made for me.
- My second HPR rocket (currently considering ARR Basic Blues 3) for LDRS next year if I am able to go.
- Probably another scratch MPR (or maybe a kit...)
- Finish my Shape Shifter Mini
- Finish Ceiling Pusher 29

Think that's it. It's looking like our club may have another HPR launch on Oct 11th, so I may have a chance to get my level 2 this year!

Kept cleaning up from last weeks launch, and finally made my sabre personal alarm fit into 24mm tubes. All it took was a rasping file;). Also started planning flights for October- my Aunt that works for Boeing is looking to come, so I'm hoping the rocket gods look fondly on NJ that day :)

Nate

Bought a 6 ft 1/4 inch 304 stainless launch rod at Fastenal.

Launching rockets (or missiles in my case) is so easy a chimp could do it. Read a step, do a step, eat a banana.

Sent from my iPad Air using Rocketry Forum.

Back