What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prepped my rockets for a space launch this weekend!

notam_zps19e80381.jpg

Escalated an eBay claim for a refund. Paid on 2nd and haven't heard a word since. Normally I wouldn't have bought from an eBay user with a score of 4, but $60 including shipping was too good for an unused Rouse-Tech 29/360 case with closures and seal disk. I am sure I will get the refund, but now what to do with the I200 reload I bought for the case? Looks like I'm in the market for a 29/360 case again.

Last edited:
Escalated an eBay claim for a refund. Paid on 2nd and haven't heard a word since. Normally I wouldn't have bought from an eBay user with a score of 4, but $60 including shipping was too good for an unused Rouse-Tech 29/360 case with closures and seal disk. I am sure I will get the refund, but now what to do with the I200 reload I bought for the case? Looks like I'm in the market for a 29/360 case again.

...and received my refund. Annoyed by inconvenience caused by crook, but happy with eBay's quick response.

...at least you didn't get a crushed tube that you had to suck up the return shipping charges on...

Indeed. Also, I just noticed when I logged into paypal to verify my refund that I have the seller's real name and email address. A quick search here on TRF shows me that he certified L2 with CMASS back in 2010, but hasn't logged into TRF since 2012. I think I will just try to forget the whole mess and move on though...the less jokers I have in my life the better.

Until we see pictures..."I see nothing....":p

I'm too old to try to take pictures and fly and recover all at the same time. I just live the moment. I do have plenty of witnesses tho...
Get your butt up here and see for yourself... :wink:
Watched Tim at Great Lakes Dragaway tonight. Cool place.

Adrian

I too am at LDRS. I have not taken many pictures, but I prefer to participate than snap pictures.

I few days ago I had a three part list. Part one was what I need to buy to get stuff ready, the second part was what I needed to pack, and the third part was people I wanted to meet.

I have only flown three rockets in two days.

Day one I brought my eleven year old son. I flew my Utility Rocket ( 4" diameter 92" tall laminated phenolic dual deploy) on an AT J825 Redline to 3000'. Then I spent some time helping my son recover from the first flight demise of his Mean Machine (delay decided it was not 4 seconds but zero and it just came apart).

Yesterday, I did the first flight of my Wildman Junior on a CTI I175 White to 3800'. Then I hooked up with my friends Kevin and Mark. Talked to vendors. Kevin and I spent a fair chunk talking to Greg of Big Red Bee, and Kevin bought one of his GPS rigs. We played with if a bit yesterday, and are planning of firing it off a couple times today.

I spent a bunch of time talking to folks I have wanted to meet in person.

Heading out in a bit, but a bit slow today as my daughter ( she is three) was up several times this morning so I did not get a lot of sleep.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1405770952.184843.jpg

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

This is one I finished up last week. This is the best I can do on a BT-55, 5.8 oz. .049 G-10 fins. I'm hoping for a mile on the G-76-10. The back one does a little over 5k. on the same motor. loaded it's .4 oz. heavier than the white one.10 second mile 001.jpg

Started work on my scratch built Blue Bird Zero.

View attachment 178064

View attachment 178065

I have a complete Set of Waterslide Decals from Gordon, AKA Sandman, Excelsior Rocketry that I could send you if you would like them.
PM me if you're interested.
I ended up just using the Semroc Decals on my BBZ. Sandmans Decals require a little more Prep Work to be used Properly and at the time I did'nt feel like doing it, so now I have this beautiful Set with nothing to put them on.
They're your sif you want them.

Last edited:
I have been working with my 3D printer and trying to learn all the tricks.

I designed a Bulkhead for a nosecone and printed it out.

IMG_0530.jpg

Started checking the pieces out on my now Loc Iris. Very impressed with the quality of the Loc products. One problem the bottom of the tube was slightly crushed but it's fine I'm ordering another coupler to put down there and reinforce it. I was also planning on fiber glassing it so it's not that big of a problem. I don't know what motors I,ll fly it on probably some EX motors.

This is one I finished up last week. This is the best I can do on a BT-55, 5.8 oz. .049 G-10 fins. I'm hoping for a mile on the G-76-10. The back one does a little over 5k. on the same motor. loaded it's .4 oz. heavier than the white one.View attachment 178069

Have you run sims on this? My gut tells me the delay is too short. Is there a 14 second delay version?

Still striping the rockets in the pile. I get to a point of not wanting to repeat patterns but there only so many :p Started on a BT70 version of a 'Super Ranger' with 3 24mm motors. I have a SEMROC nosecone and the tubes are cut, just have to come up with the fin design.

Last edited:
I went to LDRS day three. I was intending on flying one or two today. Instead, I sat down and had a conversation with Deb Koloms, David Wilkins, and Ken Good for a while.

Then I stopped by my friend Carl, and saw that flying his Ultimate Darkstar could use some help setting up and recovering it. Cool rocket- two Ravens, three HD cameras, and GPS. All flown on a CTI M4770 ( what a sledgehammer of a motor). Also, the GPS is cool in that it is programmed to talk and give on the fly updates, all in the voice of Kate. Recover went well, but was in a bog area just missing a lake. Lots of thorns and very wet, but we got it back.

Got back from that and checked on another friend who needed help, but he decided not to fly as he brought the wrong motor case. He also did not feel like flying in front of that many folks.

Then on to my friend Kevin, who has just gotten back in to rocketry having let his membership and L3 cert expire a while back. He was doing his L2 cert flight today, so I was his double check on stuff this also gave me a chance to talk to his Wife a bit, and meet their little boy Harry- future rocket junky. So we got him set up and got his cert flight done.

At that point the range was only open for another hour so I decided to call it a day, rip down my tent, and head home.

Some some great flights. Some some disastrous stuff- Alex Zoghlin's beautiful V2 on a big Loki appeared to lose the forward closure on the pad spewing forth burning grains. I am sure the rocket is seriously damaged- Alex, sorry for you as that is rough.

I also would like to just say that spectators need to wake the heck
up. When a heads up is called with a rocket coming into their area and somebody yells heads up the lazy people need to get up out of their chairs and look up so they can move if need be. They need to either learn this or be asked to leave- it is for their own safety.

I am pretty fried after three days, and I doubt I am heading to day four. ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1405821573.726174.jpgThen again, I might go for a bit.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

This morning I went to fly some and this happened on the last flight:

[youtube]c22WaLmYeVc[/youtube]

Can anyone better that? :)

Back