What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a box from apogee components with a mad cow torrent for my Junior Lv. 1 certification! Hope to get working on it tomorrow. I know I'm really new in the forum. Would it be appropriate if I posted a build thread about it?

Very Appropriate! Welcome to the Forum!

Just came in from the garage. Started cutting centering rings for 3 up-coming builds using a fly cutter. Got the ODs cut, but when I adjusted cutter for the ID, I didn't get the cutters tight enough. As soon as the center drill hit the hole, the cutters flew off, one to my right and one to my left, never to be seen again... Maybe I need to invest in some body armor, &/or a kevlar apron.
Gives me an excuse to head for HF tomorrow. While I am in town might as well slip by Micheal's, HoLo and Lowes.
Definitely going to get some better screws for the fly cutter this time.

I couldn't stand the dark blue on the upper section of my Ricochet so I sanded it down and reshot it with a blue that better matched the blue in the decals. I have some water slide paper to make my own decals and had to reprint the upper black & gray lines. The gray did not stand out as much as the original decal so I took a gift wrap ribbon that was silver and cut it into tiny slivers and glued them in place. I liked it so much I made some rings too. I am now pleased.

View attachment 177656

View attachment 177655

View attachment 177654

View attachment 177653

Saw these on flickr. A great rework

Cut fins for a Goblin upscale. Clamped them together to start sanding, but quickly realized that I have several hours of sanding ahead of me (Can't cut straight and don't have a bench sander) Got disgusted, put it down, turned off the light and started up the laptop....

I purchase more casings, some I have 3 of them now, and not small one ...:facepalm:

Tested the cable cutter, Painted the fins on the Marvin Magg. Once it cures I'll paint the airframe and apply the decals!

Found how well empty Meow Mix Container fit BT-80 Tubes to make purrfect Tail Cones for Cat Themed Rockets.

Last edited:
What did I do today? Loaded the car for LDRS :horse: :w:
Prepped the PML Endeavour av bay (someone remind me to plug the lighter wire holes...)
Gotta load the food and water cooler and toothpaste in the am. Later peeps!

Adrian

Received my 3 new kits (patriot, bull pup and red max) and spare parts for 2 bt60 size scratch designs in the mail.

Got the red anodized aluminum bulkplates in for our Mongoose 75. Very nice. They come with charge cups that thread into and through the BP's, with an O-ring to seal them.
Sanded the third coat of primer down on the DS Extreme. Let it dry, then took the tape off and feathered the leading edge. I re-taped it in a scalloped design and shot another coat of white primer on it. Almost ready for color.
Ordered the graphics from Stickershock.
Sharon mixed up some Rocketpoxy and we poured internal fillets into the Stinger. Yes, Rocketpoxy does pour, very, very slowly.....

Got the red anodized aluminum bulkplates in for our Mongoose 75. Very nice. They come with charge cups that thread into and through the BP's, with an O-ring to seal them.

Where you get them from ?

Sounds like the ProLine lids https://prolinerocketry.com/store/index.php?cPath=5_15&osCsid=f76b31683687f8ea3913c5b57f3c9897. I was just emailing Gary about these the other day and here is his reply. "The E-Match wire goes right down through the center of the charge canister. However we have just redesigned them for an even better seal between the wire lead into the Av-Bay. The newly redesigned lids should be available in a few weeks, pricing is still TBD so keep an eye on the site."

Sounds like the ProLine lids https://prolinerocketry.com/store/index.php?cPath=5_15&osCsid=f76b31683687f8ea3913c5b57f3c9897. I was just emailing Gary about these the other day and here is his reply. "The E-Match wire goes right down through the center of the charge canister. However we have just redesigned them for an even better seal between the wire lead into the Av-Bay. The newly redesigned lids should be available in a few weeks, pricing is still TBD so keep an eye on the site."

I wondered about the size of the hole in the bottom of the charge cup. I think I can seal it with hot glue on the e-match wire when I pull it through. I considered getting a set of these for my DS Extreme, but decided to wait and see what these look like. Glad I did.

mpitfield has it right, check the link he posted. Lucky for you I got my red anodized fix with these, now I'm not mad about the Dr. Rockets casings. You know I'm just kidding, right?

Gave Intro to Model Rocketry presentation to a group of Cub Scouts and parents/leaders then flew five models with them. And handed out some Estes catalogs. A start....

Back