NewWay 4 Square Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerorKid

Reaction score
When I saw Salvage-1's 2X4 build post I knew I had to have a NewWay square rocket and picked up a 4Square. It came with a bonus Square in the air.

IMAG2811 by beerorkid, on Flickr

IMAG2812 by beerorkid, on Flickr

Seems to be the norm that NewWay includes lots of extra stuff in the kit. An emery board, sandpaper, a wooden Q-tip, and good instructions.

IMAG2819 by beerorkid, on Flickr

Instructions have you secure the kevlar around the engine mount. The square mounts were easy to assemble.

IMAG2820 by beerorkid, on Flickr

The square launch lug sits on a little piece of balsa to clear the square fins.

IMAG2821 by beerorkid, on Flickr

I thought about how to get the best contact on the fins while gluing them to the body tube. Clamps and scrap wood? The glue bottle worked well enough. Those square tubes are pretty strong.

IMAG2828 by beerorkid, on Flickr

Did a crap job on the fillets, but they were not really needed anyway.

IMAG2855 by beerorkid, on Flickr

The wife painted this one by hand after I primed and put down some gloss white. This was before I knew of the future finish so I used poly to coat it. Early in the morning I wanted to put a fresh coat of poly on and grabbed the wrong can, which was black paint. Caught it early, but decided to just live with it. From a couple sides you cannot see it. Launched it this past weekend. Forgot to get pics, but it flew great.

IMAG2816 by beerorkid, on Flickr

IMAG2834 by beerorkid, on Flickr

The Square in the air was a super easy build and it sure is fun to fly. I have launched it 3 times so far.

[video=youtube;-sXTdaXXhAc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sXTdaXXhAc[/video]

Post Copied to Gallery With Permission

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the NewWay 4 Square Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the NewWay 4 Square and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

NewWay: 4 Square:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
NewWay 4 Square Basic Information.

newway_space_logo.gif
NewWay Space Models

MODEL NAME: 4 Square Also known as: 4Square

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Tube Fin
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery:
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Echoing vintage tube fin designs from Centuri, Estes and Quest, the 4Square is a stylish cruiser with distinctive geometries. (NewWay 2011 Catalog)

=====

Echoing vintage tube fin designs from Centuri, Estes and Quest, the 4Square is a stylish cruiser with distinctive geometries. (NewWay 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

newway-4%20square-2011%20cat.jpg
2011 Catalog

newway-4%20square-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back