-

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bump. I was curious about this too. Anyone using one? It seems to be the least expensive logging dd altimeter, but... :confused2:

I've got three flights on mine and it works like a charm.

The only "problem" for me, which isn't a problem at all, is that the readout in altitude is in meters rather than feet but it's OK. I do know how to convert.

I still haven't figured out all the bells and whistles yet but I like it a lot. It is very consistent (repeatable) on deployment altitude and seems accurate as well at apogee, as in not late.

mine will be in my L3 project later this month along with an RRC2.

Last edited:
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered one today. I emailed a bit with David from Entacore, and he said it will be ver 1.3 (ver 1.2 is currently listed on the website.) He noted increased soldering reliability, improved RF shielding, and new software to be released in the next few days.

I'll be sure to post a full review when it comes in; there's still not a whole lot of info out there on this unit.

Update: Received a package from South Africa yesterday... altimeter arrived in just under two weeks. Unit was packed well and came with a printout of the manual.

Stay tuned for a review thread...

I have one of these. I have 4 successful flights on it. The only thing I don't like about it is the 3 pin screw down points. If using it for DD you have to twist one wire from each ematch together and put them in the same slot. It works fine, I just don't like it. A friend of mine got one and in a hurry put the altitudes in a feet. We was doing 2800 and 2700 feet for separation and ignition... you get the picture. It never got to 2700 meters.

The user interface on the pc is very easy and you can export to excel if you like. It is not too friendly with Vista just fyi. My xp and windows 7 work fine. I highly recommend this to everybody. Way easier to use than my rrc2. Just like Joe, they are both going in my lvl 3 once the crops are harvested.

I have one I have flown quite a few times. It does its job each and every time.
The software is a snap to use and the altimeter is easily connected to the pc with a standard USB cable. The version is now 2.0

Back