How high do Jarts fly on F and G motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayGNJ

Reaction score
I am building a 2.1 Jart and was wondering what to expect.
I don't have access to rocsim or open rocket.

Any help would be appriciated.

My guess would be about 3ooo' on G motors and about 1500 on F motors. Thats just my rough estimate

they really go on H84's (might want to use a tracker, especially if your son wants it brown so it is perfectly camouflaged when it's on the ground.

btw don't forget to add some nose weight. I used half of a small container of bb's from walmart with a syringe of 1 minute epoxy

JMHO....

My guess would be about 3ooo' on G motors and about 1500 on F motors. Thats just my rough estimate

Sounds about right on the 'F'..I flew mine on a single use 'F' at the last launch I was able to attend..I guesstimate the altitude was about 1200-1300'...

DO NOT use the little plastic loop on the nose cone to attach your shock to! It WILL break even with as light of a nose cone as it is..Don't ask:eek:

Open Rocket simmed a CTI 56-F120 to 690 feet, and our actual altitude for the flight was 570. We've also flown it on a CTI 110-G250 Vmax, that simmed to 2200 feet but I suspect we were several hundred feet lower than that (I forgot to load the altimeter).

Ours weighs 24 ounces w/ recovery gear/no motor. The F motors I simmed were coming in under 800'. The G's were simming to around 2000, plus or minus. YMMV.

Dang tootin' about the nose cone weight. I think I put over 3 ounces in ours. Probably overkill, but I wasn't worried about maximum altitude for this project. Somebody launched one at our club launch in January and it started tumbling as soon as it left the rails, and took a dirt nap about 150 feet away from the pad. I did not talk to the builder, but it was obviously unstable. I'm sure that more than a few people made that mistake, since there were no build instructions when I got mine and you had to know what you were doing.

Gee....I don't have any nose weight in mine. Never had any problems, but then I just tacked my fins on with 5 minute and ran the tiniest of fillets with same.

Just about everyone of these I've seen has been way overbuilt....large fillets probably causing the rear end to be overweight.

I fly mostly 3-5 grains though, a tiny F-motor is also putting the weight in the butt........just fly bigger motors...shifts the weight forward.LOL

I have a buddy here that flys this Jart in 38mm (flying motor) on a 2 grain CTI motor it went to 5286 ft and on a 3 grain motor and all recovery and alt in the nose went to just over 6000 ft! very impressive and very lucky to get it back both times.

Back