(Sonda) II B or Not II B? That is My Question!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iqsy59

Reaction score
So...after countless times reading through RoTW, I decided to make the Sonda II B the subject for my first (semi) scratch build. It seems...elegant and interesting to me. I will be using LOC 3.1" tubing and I've sent an RFQ to BMS for the nose. However, while doing some research (better known as wasting time) on the web, I came across several great photographs and rudimentary dimensional sketches of earlier versions of the Sonda II. I particularly like the anodized blue version on the right, but the white version in the middle interests me as well.
Sonda-II.jpg

My question is whether, in your opinions, there is enough information on the earlier II's for me to create a reasonable scale representation of them? If so, can anyone point me towards additional reference data? On the other hand, would it be more practical to stick with the II B where I have all of the information necessary already in front of me? I would appreciate any opinions/recommendations that you may have.

Cheers,
Michael

Cool rocket! So much so that I have a 7.5" (2/3rds scale) on the drawing board with all the parts in my build pile. I'm going with the white-red-black angled stripe motif shown in the ROW poster (primarily because I have a red anodized SCP coupler plate for the aft end), but I certainly like the blue versions too.

Last edited:
Back