G-FORCE Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you glued the coupler into the bottom tube instead of the top? What did you do to strengthen the bulkhead in the upper tube?

(This kit is my next build!)

UPDATED: I went back and checked and I actually did use a coupler for the bulkhead and I shoved it up about 10" into the upper section.. I remember Dave sent me an extra one and I cut it short and used the remainder to reinforce the AFT section of the rocket. Sorry for my first answer. The more I thought about the more I had to check.

No problem.

I have a general question about these Aerotech kits... since the chute is supposed to be in the lower tube... yet the upper tube has a 3-10" void... what keeps the chute from being shot up into the void, the tubes separating, and the crash landing?

No problem.

I have a general question about these Aerotech kits... since the chute is supposed to be in the lower tube... yet the upper tube has a 3-10" void... what keeps the chute from being shot up into the void, the tubes separating, and the crash landing?

I plan on packing the chute and shock cord in the lower section of the upper tube...there's about 10" of space there, which is plenty. When you say lower tube I'm assuming you are stating the aft section, where I used one of the tube couplers....there's hardly any room there to pack anything. I had about 6" left above the bulkhead in the upper tube to use an altimeter. Thanks why I drilled the holes. I plan on just friction fitting the nose cone with tape and attaching a plastic chute to it in case something happens and it separates? The black ring on the upper tube is exactly the length of the shoulder of the nose cone. I have about 2.5 inches below that for my altimeter. When the ejection charge separates the tube halves it should pull the chute and cord out, if not gravity of the aft section falling will do it too.

Last edited:
No problem.

If you look closely at the OP file, that I so painstakingly corrected and sent to you, there is a bulkhead at the top of the coupler....

No problem.

if you mount it as the instruction, it's only 6" ( the lenght of the coupler ) , I fit the parachute, the lomex blanket and the lomex shock cord protection in it. I get my Lev 1 with this one last saturday

View attachment 130445
View attachment 130446
View attachment 130447

Last edited:
If you look closely at the OP file, that I so painstakingly corrected and sent to you, there is a bulkhead at the top of the coupler....

Maybe I am just accident prone... or rig some of my lines incorrectly, but I've had chutes or streamers go up into another tube and not come out on ejection! (It doesn't get pulled out somehow.)

You may already know or have thought of this suggestion. When I pack my chutes or streamers, I always put my shock cord in first, so that when it pulls out, it pulls the recovery device also. I might also attach my recovery device to the shock cord at some intermediate location, and not necessarily at the nose cone or some other anchor point. Then as the shock cord extends, again, the recovery is forced out so that it can deploy. I am frequently thinking about this as I pack my chutes so that I always get deployment. I hope this helps.

Maybe I am just accident prone... or rig some of my lines incorrectly, but I've had chutes or streamers go up into another tube and not come out on ejection! (It doesn't get pulled out somehow.)

My apologies, I misunderstood. Since it is just the 6" coupler, I doubt that it could get stuck. If it were a long tube where it could get 'lost' up in the front end, then yes I can see the problem.

When thinking of shock cords and deployment I add something else. On my rockets to help prevent zippers is to take a piece of plastic or rubber tubing and run my shock cord through it, taping the tubing in place where the center of the tube length is at the top of the coupler or tube that I am trying to protect. It makes it harder to tear the body tube with that extra shock cord diameter in place.

As Bear said, fit something around the shock cord ( I pack some stuffing in my shock cord protector where it touch the end of the AFT tube ) Also the AFT portion of the G-Force is so light.

Jerry

Since it is just the 6" coupler, I doubt that it could get stuck.

Trust me, I'll probably find a way! :blush: I'm like Job of the rocketry world. The rocket gods love to pick on me. :shock:

When thinking of shock cords and deployment I add something else. On my rockets to help prevent zippers is to take a piece of plastic or rubber tubing and run my shock cord through it, taping the tubing in place where the center of the tube length is at the top of the coupler or tube that I am trying to protect. It makes it harder to tear the body tube with that extra shock cord diameter in place.

That's a good idea!

definitely you must go for its completion and successful launch .. but don't forget top post its flying images as well as you have posted its preliminary images...

Last edited:
I purchased this rocket from Afterburners. Very well built, packed and shipped better then once could expect. would do buisness anytime with him!!!!

Looking good! I still need to finish mine. Been so busy lately. Really all I have left is to put the shock cord and parachute in.

I am just learning but the one my oldest grandson and I are building will be all stock. Guess I will learn the hard way.
Jeff

When I built my G-force, i left the motor hook out and called it the H-Force. Flew it on motors up to H180. Always wanted to try a I200 in it but never got the chance.

Back