Estes Executioner Motor Mount Tube Length?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe rocket

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Do any of you who have built the executioner remember the length of the motor mount tube that estes provided for this kit.? I found a kit that was open with no motor mount tube at a garage sale for $1.00. Would like to find out the stock measurements they provided. I have all the fins,nose cone,coupler,parachute, bt-80 tubes,instructions. Any information would be helpful. Thanks

I don't have the exact dimensions... but.... It's long.

The idea behind it was to form a "stuffer tube" so the ejection charge wouldn't have to fill up the entire body to pop the nose off. I'd say just make it 1/2 the length of the body tube, possibly a little less.

Just my 2 cents, but I'm sure someone has the actual dimensions

The motor tube for the Executioner is listed at 12.7" (BT-50L length). You might want to use an equivalent length of Semroc ST-9 to lengthen the life of the motor tube. My Executioner was built with the heavier tube.

The motor tube for the Executioner is listed at 12.7" (BT-50L length). You might want to use an equivalent length of Semroc ST-9 to lengthen the life of the motor tube. My Executioner was built with the heavier tube.

Mine too, used the LOC MMT and made it long enough to reach the coupler. Also did the kevlar around the beefed up MMT for an shock cord anchor.

Kenny

My executioner was built with just an E engine mount and a baffle. Since i don't have the stuffer tube, will the ejection charge not be strong enough to blow off the nosecone? I had originally intended on building the kit with just 1 of the body tubes & then changed my mind & built it to spec length.

Back