Saturn tank wraps

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know who sells Saturn V/1B wraps for a 1/100th scale ?

Apogee sells some "universal" corrugated wraps made from vacuformed white plastic. They aren't the exact ones you'd get in the Estes 1/100 kit, naturally, and they're not the same you'd get in the 1/70 Apogee kit.

Generally speaking, the companies involved do not sell the vacuformed wraps alone... they want you to buy the kit, not buy bulk tubing from somewhere and clone the kits on your own, and buy the wraps to complete it. Just makes good sense from a business perspective.

Part of the fun of doing a scratchbuild is making your own parts... For instance, I used corrugated paper for scrapbooking I picked up at a craft store to make the wraps for my Saturn V and Saturn I-F... https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?25770-BT-80-based-Saturn-V-quot-Saturn-I-F-quot The rest of the detail parts, were made from cardstock (cable tunnels and insulation), carved bamboo skewer material (propellant line fairings, jettison/retro motors), balsa or basswood strips or dowels (propellant or systems umbilicals, APU's), plastruct or evergreen styrene strips (cable tunnels), toothpics (small diameter fairings, lines, or jettison nozzles, etc). Just about anything can be used with a little creativity on your part. These things are easily sanded or trimmed to the proper size/shape.

Good luck with your project! OL JR :)

I guess I'll stick to that,apogee is out of stock in the universal ones.
I'm searching it for my future Saturn 1B

Back