If you could travel to any point and time in the Universe where?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do realize in doing so J.J. Abrams will cease to exist?

You say that like it's a bad thing... after what he's done to Star Trek...

Okay this is getting to be like a bad episode of "TimeCop"... LOL:)

Later! OL JR :)

PS. I'd like to record the differences in the atmosphere, climate, oceans, and life right here on Earth... way back in Deep Time... most people don't truly understand how completely ALIEN Earth itself has been from present conditions for MOST of its history... Even the atmosphere has changed DRASTICALLY over the ages...

Later! OL JR :)

I like the idea of having a Tardis so that I wouldn't be limited, I could check out all of the events I could think of. But, some choices: back to when Mars was covered with water to see if it had life, Roswell on the day of the alleged UFO crash - near the site to watch it happen, Atlantis during it's hey day, the edge of known universe to look back at what exists and what is yet to exist. ..back to see a Dead concert, back to see a Zeppelin concert.:headbang:

I think any UFO sighting or crash would be disappointing. I just do not believe it has happened. Space is so large and vast that traveling to other solar systems is going to be a stretch even for advance civilization. The only possible ways to travel those distances are warp drives which are limited to moving through space at about 3.5x the speed of light. Wormholes are another option but I think a stretch at best. For travel of the starwars/Startrek nature to happen we will either have to be wrong about our understandings of physics. Even just traveling one light year will be difficult to do even over 100-200 year time span.

I have no desire to relive any moment in the past.

To quote Rage Against The Machine:

What better time than now,
what better place than this.

Although I would like to be on a certain Grassy Knoll in Dallas, TX on November 22, 1963 to see if there was someone else....

I think any UFO sighting or crash would be disappointing. I just do not believe it has happened. Space is so large and vast that traveling to other solar systems is going to be a stretch even for advance civilization. The only possible ways to travel those distances are warp drives which are limited to moving through space at about 3.5x the speed of light. Wormholes are another option but I think a stretch at best. For travel of the starwars/Startrek nature to happen we will either have to be wrong about our understandings of physics. Even just traveling one light year will be difficult to do even over 100-200 year time span.

Check this out: reduced energy toroidal warp bubble: lower energy needs, faster travel. And a cool spaceship design at the top...

This source says maybe 10x light speed.

I like the Tardis scenario. Any place, any time...
Is a buxom blonde standard with a Tardis?

Some of these are nice, but for the sheer thrill and enjoyment of it: Cape Canaverel, July 16, 1969.

To change history: January 27, 1967 to warn Grissom, White and Chaffe.

Some of these are nice, but for the sheer thrill and enjoyment of it: Cape Canaverel, July 16, 1969.

To change history: January 27, 1967 to warn Grissom, White and Chaffe.
We have met the nerds, and they is us!
(Best Martha voice; "It's a good thing!")

Some pretty good jokes could be pulled with a time machine...

Forget investing in apple stock or watching some historic event. I would go back in time and steal my Cosmodrome Nike smoke kit before my 14 year old self could grab the hot glue gun and start building. Yikes.

Alex

1789 and a bit before--I'd like to be a fly on the wall listening to the debates and arguments about the "Bill of Rights" It took me bit of time to think about this one--considered the-- impact event, beginning of space/time, first atomic bomb test, even thought about the possible Roswell crash--gotta go with 1789 or a tick earlier---but I gotta say--I'd like to know the real deal with Roswell

1789 and a bit before--I'd like to be a fly on the wall listening to the debates and arguments about the "Bill of Rights" It took me bit of time to think about this one--considered the-- impact event, beginning of space/time, first atomic bomb test, even thought about the possible Roswell crash--gotta go with 1789 or a tick earlier---but I gotta say--I'd like to know the real deal with Roswell

That would be a good one. If I had a time machine though I would love to grab some of the founding fathers and bring them to the future show them what their country has become and what they think of it... I think many of the rights are abused. I also think they would be disgusted by the fact that our Country is run by Attorneys, for Attorneys and it is enforced by attorneys.

That would be a good one. If I had a time machine though I would love to grab some of the founding fathers and bring them to the future show them what their country has become and what they think of it... I think many of the rights are abused. I also think they would be disgusted by the fact that our Country is run by Attorneys, for Attorneys and it is enforced by attorneys.

Just take them to hooters and they will be fine.

I'm suprised nobody said this yet, but I think it would be awesome to go back to the time of the Dinosaurs! To see and hear them would be amazing. Other times/places... like some others have said.... Edison, Einstein, another planet with or without civilization on it. So many others...

I'd like to be in the place (trailer,bar ,backseat) where my ex-wife was conceived, only 5 minutes earlier... with a bucket of icewater

10+ on that note Pepe! Great notion! I have one I think I'd like to relive if I could. 1982..83? Our band was doing a gig in Raleigh NC and we arrived around 1:00PM to get set up. Manager comes up to us and asked, "Which one of you guys is Gary?" 2 of us answered. 2 Garys, both guitar players. "One of you has a gift up here, please take a look." We both went to see this bottle of wine with a rose attached along with a card signed by the fan that left it. My fellow guitarist didn't recognize the signature but I did. I knew exactly who it was. I proceeded to leave my fans name on the guest list. Musta been a full moon because I remember we kicked butt that night. Great crowd also. My fan showed up of course and turned my evening into one of my best days/nights lived. Bottom line, I think getting a re-do on your favorite moments would be the way to go.

1950. The beginning of technology hobbies...

Could get rich on stocks too knowing what we know now!

Back