Rocket R&D - Skyraider Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
Welcome to the Rocket R&D Skyraider Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Rocket R&D Skyraider and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Rocket R&D: Skyraider:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Rocket R&D Skyraider Basic Information.

rocket%20rnd%20trf.gif
Skyraider

MODEL NAME: Skyraider Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Cluster
Motor Mount: 1x54mm + 2x38mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 90"
Diameter: 7.67"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

Advertising Liveries

rocket%20rnd-skyraider-2013%20web%20performance.jpg
2013 Web Ad Performance Hobbies

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I think I have one of these. That said, does anybody know the diameter? It was given to me and I never knew the name. Jeff Davenport told me he thought it was a Skyraider, however I am not sure.

I think I have one of these. That said, does anybody know the diameter? It was given to me and I never knew the name. Jeff Davenport told me he thought it was a Skyraider, however I am not sure.

Apparently, several sizes were made. There is a current thread in the main gallery section that might have some info that would help.

I will check what notes I have when I get home tonight but I suspect that my not listing a size meant that at the time the header was made, I had no further information.

According to an ad in a 1994 issue of High Power Rocketry, the Skyraider, offered at that time by Cluster R, was 7.67" diameter, 90 " tall, came fiberglass nose cone, 3/16" plywood fins, and an 8 foot chute. All for $175. I had the means by which to buy one at the time, but I never did [probably because it would have depleted the means by which I had to fly it].

According to an ad in a 1994 issue of High Power Rocketry, the Skyraider, offered at that time by Cluster R, was 7.67" diameter, 90 " tall, came fiberglass nose cone, 3/16" plywood fins, and an 8 foot chute. All for $175. I had the means by which to buy one at the time, but I never did [probably because it would have depleted the means by which I had to fly it].

Thanks for the info!

Does the ad say what the motor mount is?

Can't believe I left that out. The motor mount in the 1994 kit was a 54mm central tube and two 38mm tubes.

Back