dlazarus6660 in the news

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Our own Deathwatch Dan has made the 12 January 2013 Boston Globe. I don't know if this link will work for everyone (or anyone who doesn't subscribe to the Globe website) but the paragraph with Dan is:

But longtime Twinkie fan Daniel Shea of Londonderry, N.H., wasn’t impressed. “Store brands are never as good as the real McCoy,” he wrote in an e-mail, citing what he called the Golden Creme Cakes’ “funny, metallic taste.”

Good work, Dan. The one's you brought to the Post End-of-the-World MMMSClub launch were from Walmart, right?

Hey, those Walmart Twinkies were pretty good. Just a little frozen ;)

I missed that completely. The part with Dan's name in it was in the continuation of the article. I read the part on the first page of the Metro section but not the continuation. I had to skip to the obituaries in case Dan let one get by.

There's got to be a story behind this. No offense Dan but I'm puzzled why the Globe would email you about Twinkies.

I take it more as Dan sent an email to some party involved and it was shared with the paper.

Market Basket wanted everyone to know that their knock off Twinkies taste like metal?

Nope, the author did a search and my post on TRF popped up. She joined the forum and PM me her email addy and ask if I would comment on the store bought Twinkies.
Thanks Kenn. I think that's my 15 minutes of fame.

OK, and yes they were from Wally World.

So, if they were from Walmart, they were probably made in China. Therefore, the metalic taste was probably just the "protein" additive. See, no worries...
:y:

This happened to me also. I picked up the local entertainment magazine which is read by more people than the local fish wrapper newspaper. and there I was quoted from a local neighborhood website.
Was actually funny and I will look for it to scan.
In Jacksonville we had a "Little lord fauntleroy" mayor that was closet gay Married and spotted by hundreds in the gay world (not that that's a bad thing) and he is a GATE PETROLEUM HEIR"...I suggested buying a bunch of those Amazon.com t-Shirts that said "Peyton Sucks" (his name) and giving them out to the local homeless. they were of course about Peyton manning the football player.
I had pages of worship about how clever that idea was(along with the double entendre) and some might have actually gone ahead with the idea as far as I know.
Thank god my avatar was the name of my street and I had the protection of being anonymous. Some still bring it up...

Last edited:
Back