Fliskits - Buck Shot (MX020) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Heres my first micro. Fliskit "BuckShot"

Attachments

• BuckShot3.JPG
    BuckShot3.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 73
  • BuckShot2.JPG
    BuckShot2.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that was fast! The kit hasn't even been officially released yet! :shock: (I think it already has gone on sale, though. Starting yesterday afternoon, I believe. :roll:)

It was made available, pre-announcement, at our CMASS launch last week (along with the Trifecta and the dooDad) :)

One of the benifits of flying at CMASS!

It was made available, pre-announcement, at our CMASS launch last week (along with the Trifecta and the dooDad) :)

One of the benifits of flying at CMASS!
Cool. :cool: :) I do like the looks of the kit, and I love Scott's build.

Last edited:
Great paint! Love the bullet look! I've got a really cool idea I don't want to say just yet, but when my buckshot arrives, I'll see if I can materialize what I'm thinking...

Next addition to the MMX Fleet is a BT-5 size Fliskit MX020. The Buck Shot.

This Ring Tailed creation just Screamed "I Need Detailing". HO scale Rivet decals, rolled paper, Styrene rings & pipe vents along with same screen matting texture & paper flanges all help add a bit to the vehicle. Personally I thing fabricating 3 tiny 1/8" diameter flanged forward veiw portholes make the model. because most of these additions are very thin paper they didn't add much to the overall mass.
Painting to complete the Steampunk era theme started with a Gold metallic base coat, Lots of custom tiny cut masking, a bit of Silver trim and overall metallic copper topcoat with minimal extra black detail last minute.

Later I'll take a few shots of the other surfaces of this model.

Post copied with permission

MM 383uc07b-Lg_Buck Shot Piping & Port Holes_09-24-11.jpg

MM 383uc08a-Lg_After Gold base, Mask details_10-08-11.jpg

MM 383uc08b-Lg_After Copper Coat & unmasking_10-09-11.jpg

MM 383uc09-Lg_Buck Shot Decal & Futured_10-10-11.jpg

View attachment 111937
Just finished the latest rocket in my collection, the Buckshot from Fliskits. A great build, as I have seen from all of the other Fliskits I've also built. On a side note, I blew the ring fin experimenting with monokote, so Fliskits great customer service is sending me a replacement (I stole one from a dead ringer kit, next on the build list). I can't say enough about the quality of their cust. service, as well as their kits, too! Thanks, Jim!

Post Copied to Gallery with permission

Attachments

• buckshot.jpg
    buckshot.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 161
Welcome to the Fliskits Buck Shot (MX020) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Fliskits Buck Shot (MX020) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Fliskits: Buck Shot: MX020

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Fliskits Buck Shot (MX020) Basic Information.

fliskits.gif
Fliskits

MODEL NAME: Buck Shot Also known as:

NUMBER: MX020

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer: Jim Flis

Type: Sport, Ring Fin
Motor Mount: 1x6mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length: 6.69"
Diameter: 0.541"
Span: 1.63"
Weight:

Mfg. Description: No significant text in 2012 Catalog

=====

Introduce yourself to the world of micro model rockets with the Buck Shot! Easy to build and fun to fly, the Buck Shot features laser cut fiber fins, a stylish tail ring and streamer recover. Also, with the BT-5 main body tube, this model is quick and easy to prep for flight! Being on the heavy side (for a micro model), and the added drag of the tail ring leads to low flights of about 100 feet making the Buck Shot perfect for small fields and demonstration flights! (Fliskits 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

fliskits-buck%20shot%20mx020-2012%20cat.jpg
2012 Catalog

fliskits-buck%20shot%20mx020-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
The Fliskits Buckshot was a fun little rocket to build. I painted mine in a metallic blue with black trim. For a BT-5 micro, I thought it flies pretty well. I'm thinking of building another one that will be 1/4A and 1/2A capable.

Buckshot 2.JPG Buckshot.JPG

Back