• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(SOLD) Magazines. High Power Rocketry, Extreme Rocketry, Rockets.... 57 in all

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartshomepc

Reaction score
(SOLD) I have a LARGE box of magazines that I'd like to sell as a lot. There are 57 issues that date back starting in 1993 to around 2009. I didn't take the time to organize them by year but watch this video to see what's there and the condition that they are in.

I don't want to sort the one or two issues here and there as I don't have much spare time. But if there is a "gotta have it issue" I'll pull it and mail it for $20. Otherwise the whole lot is $125 (About $2 each!) plus media mail shipping of $20 (total of $170)

sit back, click the link and watch what you'd get

NOTE: You may see a black screen and hear me talking. if the happens just double click anywhere on the screen and it will switch your browser to a video compatible mode. [video]home.comcast.net/~stuartshomepc/movie.avi[/video]

There's 30# of reading material there and a lot of history!

Last edited:
I lead a group at the University of Texas at Austin. We would love to get some of those magazines. Let me see if there is interest from the group and I'll get back to you! We're always looking for resources as we're just getting started.

Thank you.

After a break for health issues I am back starting to sell items. These 57 issues of High Power Rocketry magazines are still for sale. Look at the original post and click on the link to a video of them all.

PM me if you are interested.

I have all the High Power Rocketry issues except for the 2003-04 issues and one older one that I gave away thinking I could get another but, nope, they were all sold out :( I have Tripolitan mags from '88 in my collection but the missing HPR mag I really want.

I'll be thinking seriously about getting them all, many now are unavalible and will only go up in value. Plus from what I saw they are in great shape :)

Stuart , can you tell us about yourself ? Where your from , where you fly , just some info to help settle peoples nerves ? Im not saying anything negative about you so please dont take it that way . I myself have been burned badly on this fourm by a deadbeat POS and do not wish to see it happen to anybody else .

Eric

Stuart , can you tell us about yourself ? Where your from , where you fly , just some info to help settle peoples nerves ? Im not saying anything negative about you so please dont take it that way . I myself have been burned badly on this fourm by a deadbeat POS and do not wish to see it happen to anybody else .

Eric

No offense taken. While the Magazines did sell I'll give you my background. I live in Michigan and was the Prefect of our TRA group, Michigan Team-1 (www.team1.org), for 13 years, and am now just the VP. I'm also a seller on ebay at the used ID of "Stuartshomepc" (you can look up my 612 positive feedback).
stuart ebay.JPG

As a profession, I am a Sr. Research Engineer here in Detroit, 27year for Chrysler developing Turbocharged cars, then actually patented the first software that lest "Flexible Fuel Vehicles" run https://www.google.it/patents/US5335637. It's licensed (kinda stolen by the germans when they took over chrysler) by most automakers now. After 27years I left Chrysler to help our soldiers with my skills. I've also been published back when Hybrids were in style in the High Power Rocketry magazine (and in Extreme Rocketry (can't find a link to that issue. ))
magazine cover 001.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Cool! I have that HPR magazine!

:)
That was actually a cool (no pun intended) project. Waaaay back before there were these types of forums there was "Compuserve and users had numeric ID's. One person posted that the Hyperteck Hybrid did not work right at cold temperatures. Korey Kline, the inventor of the Hyperteck system asked for more info and I typed him how a J205 would "roar" off the pad in the summer, yet rise slowly with about double the burn time in the winter. He was interested in as to why.

Since I was a test engineer with lots of equipment I asked Korey if he'd like to come to one of our launches. He laughed at the thought of leaving Miami in the winter and coming up here when it was around zero. We decided that he'd send me the ground support equipment and I'd run down to Magnum Inc (Ross Dunton) and pick up what else I needed. Ron Schultz (the originator of LOC) was there too. I got connected with John Fleisher of Transolve and everyone donated the stuff I needed and I made a lot of cool friends that started High Power. I even coordinated with Bruce Kelly at the HRP magazine and made sure I had an article ready to go in a timely fashion. It was cool doing the testing and the best part was that through flying I found the optimum density of Nitrous in a Hybrid about the same time that Korey Kline did it in his lab.

Sadly, the rocket came in ballistic one day. It was the weekend after my divorce and I forgot to arm the altimeter as my head was not "in the game". Up about 7000ft, down about 7010 ft :)

Back