Polecat - Goblin (#27) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadrog

Reaction score
This was a black Friday buy, anyone else get one? This is the fiberglass version, it is a really nice kit from Madcow. This goblin is dedicated to Stimpy's "magic nose goblins".
PIC_3290.jpgPIC_3291.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Will it make its maiden voyage upward on the 19th?

Looks good. Will it make its maiden voyage upward on the 19th?
Thanks Russ!
Unfortunately, no. We won't be at Bong on the 19th., we're going to Chicago to see Buddy Guy. Probably February, assuming we don't get a ton of snow between now and then.

Here is the Goblin. I cut one rail guide in half. Motor size is 29mm. Retainer is Estes. A mojave green G might be a really cool and high motor. Will see, depends on wind at launch site. Kloudbusters Jan launch is the 12th so I'll see with the wind and field conditions. Otherwise it is all Madcow standard wood and paper kit and I swapped out the white cord for kevlar.

If you haven't seen Buddy Guy before, he is an excellent show. The only song that he and the band members decide on is the first one of the show, after that it is all Buddy.

When I saw him in Salina Ks, he even did a crown walk where he went up one isle, then went up into the balcony area, then came down the other isle. Great show and glad I got to see him live. You will have fun.

See ya,

Rod

Attachments

• Finished Goblin.jpg
    Finished Goblin.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Finished Goblin rail guides.jpg
    Finished Goblin rail guides.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited by a moderator:
Polecat (5.5") Goblin (#361) Basic Information.

polecat_aerospace.gif
Polecat Aerospace

MODEL NAME: 5.5" Goblin Also known as:

NUMBER: #361

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x54mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 37"
Diameter: 5.5"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Great for Level 1 and Level 2 certification. Very easy assembly.

Recommended for G through K impulse. You will need a 36" to 50" parachute. (Polecat 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

polecat-(5.5)%20goblin%20361-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

polecat-(5.5)%20goblin%20361-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Madcow (2.6" FG) Lil' Goblin (K-164) Basic Information.

madcowrocketry.gif
Madcow Rocketry

MODEL NAME: 2.6" FiberglassLil' Goblin Also known as:

NUMBER: K-164

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Downscale, Sport
Motor Mount: 1x29mm or 1x38mm
Length: 19.25"
Diameter: 2.6"
Span:
Weight: 22oz

Mfg. Description: ALL FIBERGLASS KIT
High Power Rocket
Pre-Slotted Fiberglass Airframe
Fiberglass Nose Cone
G10 Fins and Centering Rings
Nylon Shock Cord(Madcow 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

madcow-(2.6%20FG)%20lil%20goblin%20k164-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

madcow-(2.6%20FG)%20lil%20goblin%20k164-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

madcow-(2.6%20FG)%20lil%20goblin%20k164-instr%201.jpg

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Here is the Goblin. I cut one rail guide in half. Motor size is 29mm. Retainer is Estes. A mojave green G might be a really cool and high motor. Will see, depends on wind at launch site. Kloudbusters Jan launch is the 12th so I'll see with the wind and field conditions. Otherwise it is all Madcow standard wood and paper kit and I swapped out the white cord for kevlar.

If you haven't seen Buddy Guy before, he is an excellent show. The only song that he and the band members decide on is the first one of the show, after that it is all Buddy.

When I saw him in Salina Ks, he even did a crown walk where he went up one isle, then went up into the balcony area, then came down the other isle. Great show and glad I got to see him live. You will have fun.

See ya,

Rod

Do you have a pretty big weight difference between actual and what the face card says? I'm wondering what the stated value actually represents -since I'm 11oz over. I paint heavy, but not that heavy!
We're going to see Buddy at his own club in Chicago, which is rather small. He plays at his own place one week every year in January, that's it. We've been trying to get down there to see him for years, this year we made it a solid point to do so - none of us are getting any younger, especially Buddy. There's not too many things I'll willingly miss a launch for, this is one of them.

Don't know about the weight. I can take it down to the post office and check a final weight minus motor.

Couple shots that turned out from Buddy's visit to Salina, Ks. One where he is tearing it up with his guitarist and one up in the balcony. I did miss him when he came through Wichita and when I found about his visit to Salina, I jumped at it. Been a good few years for me, saw BB King, Buddy Guy, Joe Bonamassa, and Trampled Under Foot who are from KC area. All are highly recommended for listening.

See ya,
Rod

Buddy Guy.jpg

Buddy Guy balcony.jpg

Don't make an extra trip for that, not a big deal. Cool pics, more excited now!

Welcome to the Polecat Goblin (#27) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Polecat Goblin (#27) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Madcow: (2.6") Lil' Goblin: K-139
Madcow: (2.6" Fiberglass) Lil' Goblin: K-164
Polecat: (3") Goblin: #27
Polecat: (5.5") Goblin: #361

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Madcow (2.6") Lil' Goblin (K-139) Basic Information.

madcowrocketry.gif
Madcow Rocketry

MODEL NAME: 2.6" Lil' Goblin Also known as:

NUMBER: K-139

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Downscale, Sport
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Length: 18.5"
Diameter: 2.6"
Span:
Weight: 11oz

Mfg. Description: Great First Midpower Rocket
Durable Plastic Nose Cone
Flameproof Chute Protector
Laser Cut Plywood Parts
Kevlar/Nylon Shock Cord
Heavy Duty Body Tube (Madcow 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

madcow-(2.6)%20lil%20goblin%20k139-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

madcow-(2.6)%20lil%20goblin%20k139-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

madcow-(2.6)%20lil%20goblin%20k139-instr%201.jpg

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads
RodRocket

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Polecat (3") Goblin (#27) Basic Information.

polecat_aerospace.gif
Polecat Aerospace

MODEL NAME: 3" Goblin Also known as:

NUMBER: #27

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Length: 22"
Diameter: 3"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: The Goblin is a small rocket that packs a lot of punch. You can fly the Goblin on a wide range of motors. With motor adapters, you can send it up on an E motor, or let it go on a J!

The Goblin has a 3" airframe, pre-glassed and laser slotted body tube, fiberglass nose cone, laser cut birch fins and rings, and comes with rail guides.The kit is extremely easy to build, taking the average modeler about an hour to complete. The Goblin is a great rocket for L1 and L2 certifications. (Polecat 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

polecat-(3)%20goblin%2027-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

polecat-(3)%20goblin%2027-instr%201.jpg

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Yes, wrap was made by stickershock. Very nice and easy to apply. Nose cone is simple testors paint.

My Goblins..

61722330-B3EF-4BF2-9BF4-5C359E06D6EB.jpeg810ADA44-8907-44FC-B3C4-A0F1A4A209CA.jpeg
DDC3DC03-057E-4F74-A47E-A0D9D971B26B.jpeg643A6DA8-39A1-458B-A044-A77DCB82516D.jpeg

First row: Goblin 5.5” - ordered from Polecat Aero during their Pacific Northwest period. My L2 bird.
Second row: Two Madcow fiberglass Lil Goblins. Naked one is a 38mm while painted one is 29mm.

Back