Centuri - Quasar (KC-7 or #5067) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zog139

Reaction score
Did this one from Semroc parts and the nose is from Sirius Rockets moldin oldies line. Inkjet decals, painted with Tamiya Mica Silver and Krylon Banner Red.

Christmas 2012 059.jpg

Christmas 2012 060.jpg

Very cool! I have that nose cone waiting in the bag for my ESS Raven clone attempt. Matter of fact, I have all the parts cut out in basswood for the clone. I just need for it to cross my radar again.:wink:

Very cool! I have that nose cone waiting in the bag for my ESS Raven clone attempt. Matter of fact, I have all the parts cut out in basswood for the clone. I just need for it to cross my radar again.:wink:

Yes I did one of those also, maybe when I go digging for models to fly I'll snap a picture of that one also :)

@ Bob & Raul thanks for the compliments !

Welcome to the Centuri Quasar (KC-7 or #5067) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri Quasar (KC-7 or #5067) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Quasar: KC-7 or #5067

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Quasar (KC-7 or #5067) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

MODEL NAME: Quasar Also known as:

NUMBER: KC-7 or #5067

Introduced: 1970
Final Year: 1978
Designer:

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 17.5"
Diameter: 1.64"
Span:
Weight: 3.0 oz

Mfg. Description: In tribute to the literary visionaries of an earlier time, Centuri proudly presents an interstellar liner of a future time, the QUASAR. This beautiful but easy to build model comes complete with molded detail parts and a large, full color decal sheet. Slow and stable at liftoff, the QUASAR provides thrilling flights, time after time. Flight preparation is made easier with the quick change engine lock and Baffle Ejection System. Recovery is by large, two color parachute. (Centuri 1971 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

centuri-quasar%20kc7-1971%20cat.jpg
1971 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

centuri-quasar%20kc7-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I'm finding some of the parts at Semroc for this rocket, but I can't find a list of exactly what is needed. Can someone post this or point me where I can find that? Thank you.

Yes, click on the last page in Neil's link (the one with the picture of the compasses and ruler) for a list of parts.
The nose cone and smaller ram jet nose and tail cones can be found in Sirius Rocketry's "Moldin' Oldies" section.
ST tubing can be found at the erockets website.
Have fun!

Latest posts

Back