Little Bucky Jones Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenstarr

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My secret saint nick sent me a fine kit of llama design. Although designated as "low power", I think it will fly just fine on an F or so thereby making this a mid-power kit

--While the Dran-lok / Superceptor is out patrolling deep intergalactic space and everyone on earth is prepping Blizzkrieg's to prepare for a possible future Trogon attack, little Buckminster F. Jones is out wrangling everyday scum within our own solar system. Armed with basic magnetic impulse implosion technology, "wherever there's trouble, LBJ's there on the double". Of course he's always packing a ray gun for personal defense...--

The kit is basic enough but leaves plenty to custom craft. I started with the motor mount/propulsion unit
DSC03363.JPG
--powered by the searing saliva of a 20 million LP (llama power) magnetic drive turbofan for low altitude inter-continental missions at speeds of thousands of miles per hour, the main chlorine trifluoride/trinitroglycerine liquid propulsion unit kicks in once the atmosphere becomes too scant. Kick it in hyperdrive to attain Burnination...--

As you can see, I followed the instructions pretty closely until it came to motor retention where I added the spring steel retaining unit.

Tube was cut as per the enclosed guide and NC was filled with CA, sanded, filled, sanded, and finally primed. Tomorrow it will be filled with spot putty, sanded and primed again.
DSC03364.JPG

Regarding the low atmosphere stabilization apparatus, the 1/16" plywood is really swell but I'm concerned how it would fare on hard salt after a long mission. Therefore, I will add a layer of fiberglass to each side and give them the ol' granite slab sandwich treatment before proceeding any further.
DSC03365.JPG
-Ken

Back