Madcow Goblin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodRocket

Reaction score
Here is my Madcow Goblin from the Madcow Black Friday sale.

This is the standard paper and wood Rocket. I had Stickershock make up a cool wrap. Still have to paint nose cone. Just happened to find this green that matches real well while picking up the kevlar for the shock cord. For the rail guides I cut one Acme 2.26 guide in half and after trimming the wrap, I epoxied them in place. Also using an Estes motor retainer. Used kit parachute and blast protector. Tied chute to shock cord with a large heavy duty fishing ball bearing swivel.

Build was easy, and this was my first attempt at a wrap. Turned out real well.

Happy with how this rocket turned out. Will be a lot of fun to launch.

See ya,
Rod

Madcow Goblin.jpg

Goblin wrap.jpg

Goblin rail guides.jpg

VERY COOL! have fun flying her!

A little tip. if you have troubles with the corners on the fins staying down a little bit of heat goes a LONG way to make it stick and go around the corners!!

No reason why you couldn't scratch build a four inch f/g version. Maybe start with one of their Squat kits and make new fins. Or just build from parts. Simple through wall construction, fins are an easy pattern, two centering rings and motor mount tube to suit your size and flavor of motor.

This is a simple rocket, would be easy to scale.

But as with all short rockets, not a lot of room inside for recovery. Reason for going with all kevlar harness and cord.

This is a great entry into mid power and I think anyone with a few larger low power rockets built would have no problem building and launching the Goblin.

Rod I have a scratch built all fiberglass 4" goblin... its a SCREAM! I also had onr we flew on a K1999n (98mm single grain warp 9)

If you build them right they can handle ANYTHING. BUT remember they are short so check stability!

Here is the finished rocket.

The green paint matched up well. Maybe a touch bright in the sun, but still looks great with the wrap.

Will try and launch it this next weekend at the Jan 12 Kloudbusters monthly launch.

Probably keep it tame with F motors. But I saw one of those single use mojave green G motors on the hook and thought just maybe, but I will see depending on the wind. And I have no idea which delay to get.

But still will be a fun rocket.

See ya,
Rod

Finished Goblin.jpg

Finished Goblin rail guides.jpg

Here is the finished rocket.

The green paint matched up well. Maybe a touch bright in the sun, but still looks great with the wrap.

Will try and launch it this next weekend at the Jan 12 Kloudbusters monthly launch.

Probably keep it tame with F motors. But I saw one of those single use mojave green G motors on the hook and thought just maybe, but I will see depending on the wind. And I have no idea which delay to get.

But still will be a fun rocket.

See ya,
Rod

All it needs is a gallery post!

Brother ,that is one of the coolest things i`ve seen.At first I thought it was a crazy awesome airbrush job ,but wow...vinyl ?

Too cool !!

Very well done !

Paul T

If I get the courage to, I may send it up on an Aerotech single use Mohave green G motor. Don't know which one just yet, will decide at the launch pasture tomorrow.

Should be a nice launch with the green flame!

Crossed fingers for a good launch and recovery.

See ya,
Rod

Finally got to launch the Cyber Goblin at Airfest over the past weekend. Sent it up with an Aerotech F motor, sorry forgot which one. With motor the rocket weighed just under one pound and performed awesome! This one will be a favorite.

That rocket looks amazing.

When I saw the initial pics w/the spray paint can, I thought wow, he has some mad airbrush skills. Where did the wrap come from?

Our very own Stickershock did the wrap. Kind of evolved from a simple paint run over white to what you see here. I haven't had to chase the rocket into tall green pasture or crops yet.

Our very own Stickershock did the wrap. Kind of evolved from a simple paint run over white to what you see here. I haven't had to chase the rocket into tall green pasture or crops yet.
That's what I figured. Really phenomenal job.

Back