How do you secure your firearms?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please read the 1st post before voting. How do you secure (most of) your firearms?

• Gun safe (Fire rated), combination (only) lock

• Gun safe (Fire rated), combination w/key lock

• Gun cabinet (Not fire rated), combination lock

• Gun cabinet (Not fire rated), key lock

• Trigger lock/guard, combination lock

• Trigger lock/guard, key lock

• Gun rack, lockable

• Concealment / Hidden

• Other

• No extra security

Results are only viewable after voting.

RandyT0001

Reaction score
Gun safe (Fire rated), combination (only) lock
is.aspx

Gun safe (Fire rated), combination w/key lock
is.aspx

Gun cabinet (Not fire rated), combination lock
is.aspx

Gun cabinet (Not fire rated), key lock
is.aspx

Trigger lock/cable, combination lock
opplanet-master-lock-resettable-combination-lock-w-pin-tumbler-security-41258.png

Trigger lock/cable, key lock
opplanet-master-lock-14-inch-cable-lock-99dspt.png

Gun rack, lockable
Gun-Racks.png

Concealment / Hidden

Other

No extra security

Last edited:
I leave them at the store and would even like to leave them as pre-manufacture ingots.

For those of you who must have these things, I hope to see much more color in the responses from the top of the list and not much more at the bottom.

Remember, eat what you shoot even if it's beer cans and paper targets. :wink:

When I was a kid my Dad had 4-5 gun racks hanging on the rec. room wall which I would say was about 20 rifles and we knew if us kids even touched them our butts were toast. What has happened to us as a country today when our kids just won't listen. Its our fault we raised them.
GP

right now, trigger locks and locked into cases. Too many keys. Future plans are to get a fire rated safe for most, and build a lockable glass topped coffee table case for a few long guns.

i live way out in the country therefore

.308 bolt action stays in the back window rack of my truck during the day (deer, coyotes, squirrles, wild hoggs, bob cats) unlocked wall rack at night
ported springfield .45 stays on my person. (two legged varmits, rattlesnakes)

all my kids (20 , 18 , 10 , 9)grew up with guns, know about guns, shoot guns, and respect guns. therefore we have no need to lock up our guns so tight that if we needed them we would die trying to get to them

Mine are stored in a hardside case secured with padlocks. When I had more they were in a non-insulated steel cabinet. Always wanted a fireproof safe but could never afford one, even when I worked or the store that sold them and the guns to fill them up.

I have the Browning gun safe That I have had for ten years now and the price has doubled on them. good invesment.

Back