8 inches V2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you may be right. Was thinking after my post that 75mm would be better. I have been looking at my 8" Gizmo XL and thinking with a tail cone it would be close to a V2. The body tube on the Gizmo 23" long. Heck tail cone and fins and another Gizmo XL kit and I would have a good start on the parts needed for the V2.
Thanks
Gary

Very nice, clean looking rocket. Good choice on the paint and markings, I like different.

The rocket has been now substancially modified to accomodate a redundant double deployment. Sounds easy, it is not: the place in my sectorial Avbay is limited in size an depth AND it is a serial deployment from on single compartiment.
I mounted a second ALtimax with fully separated wiring and Lipos. Now 2 keys to arm the beast. Like in a submarine *lol*.
WP_20140818_004.jpgWP_20140818_002.jpgWP_20140818_001.jpg

The key will be the use of TWO BadAzz Theters to pilot the separation of the drogue harness from the top of the Contrail casing (will be eventually an M-711). The Theters will be piloted separatly by the 2 altiters (pink and blue cables x2) WP_20140818_009.jpg but will release each the same cable on each other end. Saying that one will open first, the cable will slip thru the schackle and release the long end of the harness and finall pull out the main out of the main sectional compartment...WP_20140818_008.jpg
The Main is of course attached at the long end at the Contrail casing too-
Well in theory at this point. Let see how it works..on Saturday!! Cross fingers for me please ;-)

PS: I understand it needs a certain degree of abstraction to understand my post tonite ;-)

Last edited:
I like the dual tether releases, nice job for redundancy. I would love to see that thing fly. Sweet paint job too!

I like the dual tether releases, nice job for redundancy. I would love to see that thing fly. Sweet paint job too!

Taking a closer look... isn't the steel cable going to be lost when both of them release?

Nice upgrade to the bird. Redundancy is a great idea for something this big. Redundant systems saved my butt this past weekend with one of my rockets.

Happy flying!

-brant

Denis-

Awesome build and flight!

I have a pile of hybrid stuff in the garage...every time I think about selling it off, you go and make a post and I think that I should keep that gear, and more than that, fly it!!

Also I have to say, I envy your field...and I usually fly at Black Rock. Doesn't look like dust is a problem in Bavaria.

Back