What's On Your Wish List?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pippen

Reaction score
My husband just told me he wants plumbing tools. Of course we'll get them since that's what he's asked for. Plus nothing says "Merry Christmas!" like plumbing tools! :eyeroll:

There's something to that, though.

Just a personal opinion, but I think it can really be hard for some people (myself included) to come up with something to get as a present for someone else. I have no problem asking outright what someone wants, and while it may take away from the surprise factor, if that person actually has a need for something or can tell you what they'd love to have, then I'm willing to oblige.

Case in point: My wife said she would love to get a remote starter for her car, because, well, winter in Ohio... So I had to tell her that I was getting her one, because of all the logistics of dropping the car off/getting to work/etc. But she's really happy about it. She had asked me what I wanted, and for the longest time I've wanted my own cordless drill, and I think (I swear I haven't peeked) that's what I'll be opening.

Maybe I'm just clueless, but I have had times when I had to guess what someone wanted, and I guessed wrong, and both of us felt kinda bad about it afterward. That's not a place I like to be.

Well..I have big wish list box on it's way from SEMROC..gonna clone the Farside X rocket and Miss Riley (actually Miss Barbara) Merry Christmas everyone.

76mm Loki Cases
3 yds of CF
L.L. Electronics MNS4000

Oh...and one of those HUGE peppermint sticks about the size of a 4 grain 54mm CTI case!

Tools can be an awesome gift.

One year, I told Deb that, amongst other things, I wanted "several sets of inexpensive needle nose pliers, so if I lose a pair in the grass at a launch, I won't care". I've also requested a bunch of Duracell 9V batteries. Deb's parents were confused by the request, but Deb understood why.

One of this year's items I've asked for is a small drill press, more memory for the laptop, a router circle jig. Oh, and a Telemetrum. :)

-Kevin

I'd love a new recliner, or a reclining love seat or sofa. Other than that (well...and a house of our own, maybe a nice new pickup) it's mostly hobby stuff. Planes, trains, rockets - the usual suspects.

A big 'ol honkin' pile of AP..... and the cases to fly them in....I'll worry about the rockets myself...

G.D.

My wish list is composed of a few things:
Box Pass box
Getting to open my wildman box
:lol:

Whirled peas.

Oh! And a Taco from the 1960s.
Jp nailed it! (as an aside-they used to make the taco sauce fresh every day-no little packets!)
oh- and a very cute nurse to push my wheel chair out to the flight line when it gets to be that time......

Just a personal opinion, but I think it can really be hard for some people (myself included) to come up with something to get as a present for someone else. I have no problem asking outright what someone wants, and while it may take away from the surprise factor, if that person actually has a need for something or can tell you what they'd love to have, then I'm willing to oblige.

LOL my kids alwas say "Cash" and my partner always says "I dunno" (She's a pain like that!). You know which is easier to fulfill :wink:

My husband just told me he wants plumbing tools. Of course we'll get them since that's what he's asked for. Plus nothing says "Merry Christmas!" like plumbing tools! :eyeroll:

Last Christmas my parner paid for a Jigsaw and a few sheets of plywood.

This is what I did with it - https://www.flickr.com/photos/oflittleinterest/sets/72157629236846925/

I really don't have a 'list' as such this year! But I wouldn't say no to my partner slipping a rocket under the tree :wink:

Krusty

Jp nailed it! (as an aside-they used to make the taco sauce fresh every day-no little packets!)
oh- and a very cute nurse to push my wheel chair out to the flight line when it gets to be that time......

If she's cute, you need one of these instead.
sulky.jpg

You must be single! My wife would probably offer to hire a cute nurse to push me out into traffic, if I were to make that request! :)

-Kevin

I've gotten to where I say 'nothing'. I think a Christmas gift should be e reflection of what you know/how you feel about the person. If I gave my wife a list with 5 doo-dads and 10 thingys, that is exactly what I would get. She puts no thought into it. Last year I got a digital picture frame. Nice gift for someone who has a permanent office, but I live on the road. Besides, I don't have a bunch of pictures to put in it....

We were down by harbor freight while I was home for Turkey Day and I mentioned a $69 drill press, we'll see....

What did I get for her? Filters and a flash for her camera. She likes photography. So I try to get her something that she doesn't have, that goes along with her likes. If I get home in time (not looking good right now) I'll get her a massage treatment gift certificate at the local spa since she enjoys them as well.

Terry

I've gotten to where I say 'nothing'. I think a Christmas gift should be e reflection of what you know/how you feel about the person. If I gave my wife a list with 5 doo-dads and 10 thingys, that is exactly what I would get. She puts no thought into it. Last year I got a digital picture frame. Nice gift for someone who has a permanent office, but I live on the road. Besides, I don't have a bunch of pictures to put in it....

I can understand your point, but at the same time, lists can help people -- let's say your wife knows there are some tools you'd like, but she might not know the specific one you're after.

A couple examples.... Many moons ago, when DVD players first came out, my wife knew I was wanting to get one, and knew I was researching specific models....but she couldn't get from me which one I wanted, so she couldn't get it for me (the problem was, I hadn't yet decided which one I wanted, but she didn't know that). Another time, she knew I wanted to switch to an LCD monitor, and it was a similar thing; she was trying to figure out which one I wanted. In the end, she made a guess....and got me the wrong one. Fortunately, she was understanding when I exchanged it for the one that met my needs.

At the same time, we don't work completely off of lists -- they're just ideas, nothing more.. You find something that you think your spouse would enjoy, or something they'd find useful.

-Kevin

Rockets and cash for rockets and motors for rockets and tools for rockets...so mostly rockets :grin:

I try hard to figure out what to get people, but my wife always just asks me what I want. I guess I remain a mystery to her.

Any suggestion on which I should ask for to augment my meager tool selection?

I was thinking of a Dremel, or maybe an oscillating tool like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008V4NFC2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I'd probably use it for sanding, cutting body tubes, etc., and I'll probably find plenty of uses around the house for either one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm usually pretty good at getting something for my wife that she asked for but doesn't know she asked for.

Like last year there were a few times in the summer when we got stuck in traffic and she said that she wished she had a GPS so we could find an alternate route. So when Christmas came and she opened up the GPS, it was a complete surprise, even though it was what she had asked for.

I usually take note of things she says she wants "someday" during the year and get her something(s) off the list. She is always surprised and doesn't know how I know what to get her when I never ask what she wants.

I'd like some attachments for my INTEROCITOR, Frankley the one I'm hoping for ,is the teleportation addition. Been trying to find it all night --shakin the boxes and all--looked in the closets--not there either? Damn , she's good at hiding stuff, I really need to find it tonight--just to make sure it's the right one-- no returns after midnight tonight! Oh Lord , I hope she did'nt get me the " See the World version"---gotta go !!

Santa is going to bring me a Loki case and some loads for it. He may also bring me a new LOC kit to wrap around it, maybe a Forte. I approve. If that isn't enough he very well may bring me a Stradic 5000 and a Teramar to hang a striper or two on.

Santa is going to bring me a Loki case and some loads for it. He may also bring me a new LOC kit to wrap around it, maybe a Forte. I approve. If that isn't enough he very well may bring me a Stradic 5000 and a Teramar to hang a striper or two on.

I expect to see you puttin those presents to good use, Grouch!

My perennial, semi-permanent pie-in-the-sky wish list includes: a belt/disk sander, a drill press (bench top or otherwise), an actual work bench, a table saw, a band saw, a scroll saw and a good place to store my toolls and keep them organized so that I can find them when needed. A wood lathe would be nice too, and also a bending brake. Oh, and an airbrush plus compressor, too. These have all been sitting on my list for several years now and I have no idea when or even if I will ever get to check any of them off. The last time that I was able to remove something from my list was five years ago, when I got my Dremel. These aren't particular to Christmas though.

Last edited:
76mm Loki Cases
3 yds of CF
L.L. Electronics MNS4000

Oh...and one of those HUGE peppermint sticks about the size of a 4 grain 54mm CTI case!

The 4000 is nice, but i would add one f those tiny trackers with it. They are sweet.

I totally shocked Sandy when I told her.."Nothing rocket related". :shock: :shock:
She asked if she could get that in writting. :lol:
Thing is,I have a SS gift and I think 2 other rocket related boxes from others here .That stuff will end up in the room with all the other rocket parts/pieces and kits.
Anywhoo..
We went with the "Buy something big together ,for each other/house thingy this year.
We bought a 42 Vizio smart wammy jammy/bells and whistles flat screen tv and an entertainment center/cabinet for it to sit on.
We still got each other few smaller things for under the tree on xmas day.
I did ask for a bigger Electric RC helicopter.
I have the "Syma" S107G Metal Series 3 Channnel Mini.
I love the thing.
Fly it all over the house.
Dog doesnt like one bit.
Oh, Sandy gets a double wammy.
Her B-day is the 22cnd. Dec.

Last edited:
Back