Looking for some "to buy" suggestions..

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking now I may use F engines over D/E's. I have a entire extra Partizon kit. I may shorten that because one of the tubes is ruined, and fly that on D/E's. I'm heading to physical therapy soon, when I get home I'm gonna figure out Open Rocket/Java. I'm horrible with computers though. If anything I'll try to get some pictures from my builds this weekend. I haven't looked what to use but on a few other sites I use photobucket. I'm so excited I'm getting over those medical issues and can finally build and launch some rockets! Its driving me nuts I think I've bought close to $1000 in new rocket related items since Nov. I started out thinking it would be a fairly cheap hobby to get back into..lol. Updates coming soon! :)

I think I've bought close to $1000 in new rocket related items since Nov.

Ha ha! That's what it seemed like from reading your thread!

If I were in your position, I'd probably start with some of the cooler kits you bought before diving into the scratch build. It seems like you bought some awesome kits. You'd have more experience to apply to your scratch design.

If you do dive right in to the scratch design, Openrocket will be really useful.

Ha ha! That's what it seemed like from reading your thread!

If I were in your position, I'd probably start with some of the cooler kits you bought before diving into the scratch build. It seems like you bought some awesome kits. You'd have more experience to apply to your scratch design.

If you do dive right in to the scratch design, Openrocket will be really useful.

I totally agree. I'd get several kits under your belt before you start scratch building. My first true MPR was the Hijacker. It's a great kit. My first scratch build as a BAR was the Double Pumper, a 2x24mm cluster. That one was a hoot!

I've built rockets before, prob 20 or so. Its just been some time since I've done it and really needed to refresh my memory. As far as MPR these will be a first, I think I have a pretty good idea now from this thread and looking around online and watching a few of Apogee how to stuff. I bought some kit years ago like the designers special and used to scratch build, but like I said they were mostly lpr. The biggest one I had was a super big bertha, I think that rocket was more fun then any of the others I had. I prob wouldn't have even posted anything if I hadn't been down for a while but I'm glad I did, got some good info. I got to be honest as far as now I think this one scratch build will be it for a while, I've got enough rockets to launch it will keep me happy. And like I said the only reason I started this scratch was to clone the SBB but I ended up buying one anyways. I felt like I gave the impression that I'm a complete rookie to any rocketry. :)

Yes I agree I need to get Openrocket going, and I'm sure doing the builds will help more with the scratch build. Qquake I don't know if I can count the scratch builds you have done. I was looking at some old threads and found some of your older builds, you do a great job ill say that!:)

Type "java" into Google and the first links will show you how to test if java is working on your machine and how to get java for free if you need it. Better yet, get a kid to do it for you.

When you download Openrocket, just download it to a convenient place and click on it. It should just open up and start. No installation necessary. If your scratch built rocket is going to be modified from an existing design or kit, you might be able to get the existing design file, bring it in to Openrocket and make your modifications there. That would save you time on making the whole design. i did this when I wanted to model how my payload section would affect the flight of several different rockets.

If you've bought too many kits, and you are not going to build them, you can send them to me, and I will dispose of them properly. :D

I did that a while ago, for some reason my computer won't D/L Java, I have no idea why..I have crap luck with computers. My younger cousins great with them ill have to have him look at it..
I haven't seen anything like it really, so going off a similar design may not work.

Oh I think ill use all of my kits...:)

Back