QCRS Princeton Launch January 5th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Bomber F/X

Reaction score
QCRS will be holding it first launch/club meeting of 2013 on January 5th at our Princeton field. We have a 15,000' waiver and miles of clear farmland for your enjoyment. Got something that didn't fly at Midwest Power? How about a new build? What about your favorite motor holder? Fly it all! We'll be looking forward to seeing you there.

What is the phone number to conference call in for those of us who are not able to make the meeting?

If this launch has been planned as a club meeting, outside in 30 degree weather, I doubt a majority of club members will be in attendance so soon after traveling & taking time off for the holidays.

Also, if a vote is to be held by the club membership on any matters of the club, all club members should be enabled to take part.
I believe Jason & Chuck mentioned told me we would be sending out ballots for a vote on the clubs "Sole Vendor Agreement" this year since so many of the members were left out last year, including myself. How goes the progress on these ballots?

Also, who gets to voice opinions about the topic, count the ballots or break a tie?
I hope not anyone with a direct conflict of interest in such matters, because that would be unethical.

Just asking,

QCRS Member

Scott,

I do not know of a phone system available to us that would allow a conference call like that. Does Loki have one, if so would we be able to use it?

A location for the meeting has not been decided on yet. I was hoping to gage the venue size by the responses to the forums and emails.

There is no agenda for the meeting yet. Please feel free to suggest anything that you would like to see discussed. A club like this thrives when it's members get involved in all aspects of the club.

Thank you,

Steve

I believe Jason & Chuck mentioned told me we would be sending out ballots for a vote on the clubs "Sole Vendor Agreement" this year since so many of the members were left out last year, including myself. How goes the progress on these ballots?

Scott, I believe you are mistaken. While the idea of a vote has been discussed, no official decision was made. As Steve mentioned there is no official agenda for the meeting, other than maybe some MWP X review items.

Just asking guys. I'd I hate to miss out on a club vote of any kind again. For any year I have been a member of QCRS, I've never been asked to vote on anything.

I think it would be in everyone's best interest if every single club member were able to participate in all club votes. It should not matter whether or not a club member makes it to 1 launch or every launch. If the requirements to be a club member are that you pay X dollar amount to join, and nothing more, then that is the only catch there should be. As shown in the link I posted above, it has been argued long ago in the past (as well as very recently) by the president that you must attend a certain number of launches to have a voice. The last he told me was that you also have to be a "quote" "full year member" in order to have a voice and vote. That means that every individual (a 100 or so people) that paid a lower membership fee (in order to be a QCRS weekend member & fly at MWP only) does not have the ability to vote as a QCRS member.

Tim Dixon, awesome! Have you used that system before? I'm assuming if it requires a long distance phone number to be called, most all long distance cell phone calls are free now days, so it doesn't really matter for most of us.

Thank you sir :)

Scott, any future votes that require club member participation will be carried out in a fair manner such that everone gets a vote. You are correct in that only annual members get voting rights. The MWP weekend membership was created to address complaints from people who had a problem with paying for a full annual membership when the only launch they attend is MWP.

Does anyone know the launch dates for QCRS for 2013 yet?

Jan 5 is the first launch and official club meeting. The rest of the years launch dates will most likely be set at the meeting. Hope to see ya there.

Did you repair your Gizmo from the race yet?

What would you guys rather see at this launch?

I can't decide whether to fly my Jart on a K740 C* or my Gizmo XL on an EX N2700 Tiger Tail. Granted, flying the Gizmo on the N is only if my chemicals arrive sometime early this week.

So, which one would you guys rather see fly?

The weather is looking good for next weekend by the way.

Why can't we see both. That's my vote....both. I will be bringing my 3" Darkstar and maybe a few other things depending on the weather.

Why can't we see both. That's my vote....both. I will be bringing my 3" Darkstar and maybe a few other things depending on the weather.

I would, but I will have to leave the launch by 2 pm for a hockey game in Pleasant Prarie at 5pm. So, one or the other.

What would you guys rather see at this launch?

I can't decide whether to fly my Jart on a K740 C* or my Gizmo XL on an EX N2700 Tiger Tail. Granted, flying the Gizmo on the N is only if my chemicals arrive sometime early this week.

So, which one would you guys rather see fly?

The weather is looking good for next weekend by the way.

ANSWER: Which ever one produces....
1. Residual Wreckage.
2. Lays waste to the launch equipment that supports it.
3. Sends people screaming and, running for their lives as it....

3a. FLY'S OUT OF CONTROL......TAKING OUT....

3a1. Tim's motorhome.
3a2. The crowd in general.
3a3. Manny's Jeep.
3a4. A Cow......MOOOOOO!!!!!:y:
3a5. A returning rocket on chute/streamer.

3b. SETS FIRE TO......

3b1. Tim's Trailer.
3b2. The ground around....

3b2.1 Heavily populated areas.....

3b2.1a. Ohio Illinois.
3b2.1b. Kasbeer Illinois.
3b2.1c. Princeton Illinois.

3b3. The air "in general" that we breathe.

3c. EXPLODES......

3c1. On the ground.
3c2. In the air.
3c3. In Tim's trailer.

4. Produces comments like.....

4a. WHAT ARE YOU $#@!'n NUTS!

4a1. Your parents should have put you in a sack with some rocks when you were younger.

4a1.1 BIG rocks....little sack.

4a2. Are you sure that your mother is NOT calling you home for supper?

4a2.1 Wind or mom?
4a2.2 I really thought i heard something....

4a3. NOT on my field your not.

4a3.1 This field.
4a3.2 ANY field.
4a3.3 Even Gus's field.

4b. SURE......FLY IT!

4b1. I'll be standing along ways back when the button is pushed.
4b2. I have 100% faith in YOU Manny!

4b2.1 Is he really an L3?
4b2.2 I'll just stand behind you.

4b2.2a Like in Ohio Illinois.....
4b2.2b Like in the trailer.....
4b2.2c Behind this 1" plate of steel.

5. The most awesome flight.

You know me.....its all about power to weight....
Do the Jart.

And, don't forget the pizza party kicks off at 1pm on Sunday.

Last edited:
Manny?:rolleyes: Mannnnny......:rolleyes: I think i scarred him away.......:sigh: MANNY......Come back!! :cry:

I KNOW he can't be working triple shifts at Chuck E Cheese to pay for all this.......Even his "Nuclear powered little body" can't DO that......

Ok....I'm going to give you something to laugh at about me......;)

Here's a picture of "Uncle Gus" and, "Mein kleine roter Strudel" celebrating Christmas a few days back.......

Want to know why she's laughing soooooo hard?

It's because she was giving me heck about trying to grow hair on my middle aged face (some people just can't *rock* an awesome *stash* and, sideburns ) like my little friend Manny.......Plus my big elf'n ears were sticking out a mile!:rofl:

Happy New Year Squirt! I EXPECT MANY new....exciting and, DANGEROUS projects out of you in 2013.....

P.S. I'm "Laying the Keel" on the new 5" dia. Space Cowboy today.....Aka "Maurice".....Rutt, Rrowww........."Some call me the gangster of Looooove..."

View attachment 110147

3a3. Manny's Jeep

Manny's NEW Jeep. The gears on the old Jeep's transmission were worn down and it would have needed a new one, which would have cost more than we paid for the car :y: So I got a new one, that is MUCH nicer for a really good deal.

Manny?:rolleyes: Mannnnny......:rolleyes: I think i scarred him away.......:sigh: MANNY......Come back!! :cry:

I KNOW he can't be working triple shifts at Chuck E Cheese to pay for all this.......Even his "Nuclear powered little body" can't DO that......

Here's a picture of "Uncle Gus" and, "Mein kleine roter Strudel" celebrating Christmas a few days back.......

It's because she was giving me heck about trying to grow hair on my middle aged face (some people just can't *rock* an awesome *stash* and, sideburns ) like my little friend Manny.......Plus my big elf'n ears were sticking out a mile!:rofl:

Happy New Year Squirt! I EXPECT MANY new....exciting and, DANGEROUS projects out of you in 2013.....

P.S. I'm "Laying the Keel" on the new 5" dia. Space Cowboy today.....Aka "Maurice".....Rutt, Rrowww........."Some call me the gangster of Looooove..."

View attachment 110147

I was indeed not working triple shifts at the ice rink back room pizza factory, I was in Milli-wa-kay with my girly friend. We went to go see in Trans Siberian Orchestra live in concert, and they were freakin awesome! Then we went to the most German restaurant that I have ever been to, I had the Wienershnitzel and bratwurst with a big side of sourkraut. I have a big stomach ache, my poor Spanish stomach can't take all of that salt! Someone get me a quesadilla con carnitas quick!

"I am Gustav ze German Elf, I come to unleash pain upon ze naughty ones! Tim, bist du auf der Liste zuerst!"

Happy new year to you as well. Many dangerous projects will be coming out of "Mannyskid Labs" this year. Here is quick list of some ideas that I have had, including ones that will and some that will not be made:

1.) The 98mm MD for Kloudburst, there's a pic of the fin can attached, I know the fins look small, but it's stable...
2.) Super-Super Jart
3.) Mach Madness rocket, in a mystery size
4.) 100K "O" project, I doubt this will become a reality, but we'll see
5.) Two stage Carbon Nightmare, my dad gave me this idea, and it could be VERY scary....
6.) Ultimate Blackstar, there is a 90% chance that I will not be at AIRfest, but again, we'll see what happens.
7.) Redux of Sather's big 12" rocket
8.) ????

I can't wait to see your progress of "Maurice" this weekend. That is such a great name for a Space Cowboy! I mean, who doesn't love Steve Miller band? I'll talk to you more about this this weekend.

Manny

Attachments

• Xmas.jpg
    Xmas.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 83
  • fin can.jpg
    fin can.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

View attachment 110147

Dood! Those ears could hear a mouse fart at 1000 feet :y:
My dad always got teased in school about his ears also. He was told he looked like a taxicab driving down the road with its doors open. :blush:
Luckily I didn't get those genes...........
See you at the launch!

Adrian

Dood! Those ears could hear a mouse fart at 1000 feet :y:
My dad always got teased in school about his ears also. He was told he looked like a taxicab driving down the road with its doors open. :blush:
Luckily I didn't get those genes...........
See you at the launch!

Adrian

Unfortunately it is a sad fact....yes i can hear a mouse "parting grass" at 1000' out......Can't see them but, i hear "little pops" all day long at launches and, its REALLY unnerving.
I unfortunately will not be able to attend on Sat. since i get off work around noon and, its still 4 hours to Princeton from Indy......Which sucks because like our backyard here.....i know every square mile around the field and, NOTHING can hide from me....
Pretty amazing that i know every acre of that area better than i do my front yard.:D

Yo Adrian! I forgot, the mice up your way seem to have a higher ratio of FIBER in their diets....It's all in the tone and, length of sound capture I receive........don't ask.

Man-well? Running a little late tonight but, Maurice is "On the plate, jigged up and, tack welded together." Tomorrow we do some scuffage and, perform filletteo.....You got too love new big pipe!:rolleyes:View attachment 110303

Yo Adrian! I forgot, the mice up your way seem to have a higher ratio of FIBER in their diets....It's all in the tone and, length of sound capture I receive........don't ask.

Man-well? Running a little late tonight but, Maurice is "On the plate, jigged up and, tack welded together." Tomorrow we do some scuffage and, perform filletteo.....You got too love new big pipe!:rolleyes:View attachment 110303

That is going to be one very cool looking rocket! We'll have to get a picture of our 5" rockets together before one of us destroys them.....

That is going to be one very cool looking rocket! We'll have to get a picture of our 5" rockets together before one of us destroys them.....

Wasn't real happy with the "tacks"....popped it apart and, going to redo it early tomorrow morning when my mind is alittle clearer. I want this thing dead-on perfect.
Neither one of is going to shred A-migo......were going to set the air on fire.........:surprised:

Last edited:
Jan 5 is the first launch and official club meeting. The rest of the years launch dates will most likely be set at the meeting. Hope to see ya there.

Did you repair your Gizmo from the race yet?

Hi Jason, Thanks, will try to make it this weekend (about 80% sure), just need to bribe the wife and kids. Unbelievable as it may seem my Gizmo Gizilla from MWP 10 drag race sustained really no damage. The nose cone and AVbay main airframe section came down exactly like it should have under the chute and was fine, the tail section did a "core sample" return and after I dug it out of the ground and got all the dirt out of the middle section it was ok, nothing structurally broken, it shredded the drogue chute and snapped the Kevlar shock cord on that section but that’s about all I will need to replace. I built that thing like a tank, my PF Stratologger shows that some sort of very bad event happened about 4,000 ft (I am about 90% sure of tail drag separation at max velocity, I didn’t put shear pins on the fin can section - Oh yeah thanks Crazy Jim who stated he never uses shear pins in the fin can area only on the nose cone) so the tail/fin section come down hard from about 4,000 ft, it made for a very entertaining whistle noise as it came in. I can’t believe it didn’t disintegrate as the fin can was very heavy. Definitely an advantage (unless your under it) to using fiberglass filament wind construction and strong epoxy (I use fibreglast 1101 epoxy on all my builds). Will launch it again soemtime in the new year I hope.
Regards,
John Olevich

I'm leaving for the field tonight, hopefully Tim's dogs don't kill me when I walk in the back door at 1AM.....:eyepop:

Tomorrow, I'm either going to break mach 3 or break my rocket, one of those two, wish me luck. I hope I won't need a garbage bag or a shovel, but I'm bringing both...........just in case...

I'm leaving for the field tonight, hopefully Tim's dogs don't kill me when I walk in the back door at 1AM.....:eyepop:

Tomorrow, I'm either going to break mach 3 or break my rocket, one of those two, wish me luck. I hope I won't need a garbage bag or a shovel, but I'm bringing both...........just in case...

The closest Manny will get to Mach 3...

mach3.jpg

If they don't, then they are not doing their job.

PS. You just convinced me I need to make it to the launch tomorrow :)

I'm leaving for the field tonight, hopefully Tim's dogs don't kill me when I walk in the back door at 1AM.....

If it weren't for the fact that they are BOTH females......you wouldn't have made it to your 16th birthday.

Hey, I just got home from work....any word yet on Manny's "Technicolor Yawn Jart" yet.......?

Back