$.99 cent store 4" Christmas rocket build :hohoho:

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isaiah-Valadez

Reaction score
So I was at the 99 cent store to get some snacks with my friends and came across these wonderful items. Right in front of me I saw a body tube, a nosecone, some centering rings and some foam board for fins :D. I thought this would be great for a rocket and cost me a whopping grand total of $3!:y:
Side note: I also found some sanding sponges that were 5 for $1

I decided it would be cool to fly it on some Aerotech 24mm single use motors and should be a nice park rocket.:hohoho::santa-smile::tree:

IMG_7918.jpg

IMG_7919.jpg

IMG_7920.jpg

IMG_7922.jpg

IMG_7924.jpg

Looks like a fun build. Good luck wit it, and good luck with your L3!!!

I went to Menards last week and I too found rockets on sale--what a coincidence!??!! About the right size for an L1400.

IMG_0248.jpg

I had posted my christmas find over on the Oddroc forum. Defintely (going to be used for) mid power though. 24" high.
xmascone.jpg

I just got a round box like that from Hobby Lobby, plain paper mache though and rather heavy. They actually had paper mache tree cones almost exactly like the one I got, but I didn't grab when I could; these are gone now too. Wondering is that red box you have is 4.5" dia. though I suspect it isn't. This one's heavy and I think I want to cut it down a bit anyway to look right, which will be annoying to get exact. The cap will be useful though. I was figuring out how to do the aligning/adjusting and fins today. I'm planning a design with a "bypass" baffle, with the engine tube shooting straight into the nose cone. Won't fly before the holiday though.

If you launch that snowman you better get that on video cause that would be hilarious :flyingpig:

If you launch that snowman you better get that on video cause that would be hilarious :flyingpig:

Oh, Frosty will fly. That's for sure. But it'll be up to someone else to get the video (at night no less).

Latest posts

Back