• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

More Items for Sale: 6" Nosecone, 38-740 Loki Motor, 4" Fiberglass Payload Section

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patelldp

Reaction score
Continuing to thin out the herd for the upcoming winter. I have the following items for sale:

Item 1: Performance Rocketry 6" 3:1 Ogive Nosecone, Used.

This nose has been flown several times over the past couple of years. When I received the cone, it didn't fit into the 6" tube it was intended for. I sanded the shoulder down, and now it's a nice, snug fit in a piece of Red Arrow Phenolic tubing that I have here. The cone has a plywood bulkhead installed in the shoulder, with a u-bolt in the center. Nose shows some chipping at the tip, but that could be cleaned up when you refinish the cone.

Pictures found here: https://imgur.com/a/XUYgT

This cone retails for $80 at the Rocketry Warehouse.

I am asking $65 shipped. First PM gets dibs.

Next up: Loki 38-740 motor

Last edited:
Item 2: Loki Research 38-740 Motor, Used.

This motor has been fired approximately 6 times, but the nozzle has only gone through 2 firings. Comes with the #22 nozzle used in the commercial loads from Loki (J528LW, J712B, etc.). Casing has some external dings, but only to the anodizing. The ends show evidence of snap ring pliers, and the I.D. shows some residue from the firings. Bulkhead has some anodizing worn off, as is usual for a motor with 6 firings.

Pictures can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/IZwcp

Comes complete with 1 case, 1 external spiral ring, 1 nozzle washer, 1 nozzle, 1 bulkhead, and 2 o-rings. This motor sells for $90 new from Loki.

Gone!

Next up: 4" Fiberglass payload section.

Last edited:
Item 3: 4" diameter, 20" long FWFG body tube and 9" long G10 coupler.

These tubes are new. The coupler came from Wildman several years ago and was way too big to fit in a 4" tube. Coupler was turned down on a lathe to fit. The FWFG tube came from DLB here on the forums and is intended for a "Diab-glo" rocket. The coupler has 3x 1/8" holes drilled to allow it to be bolted to the body tube.

Pictures can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/cRika

The tube and coupler retail for about $35 for the tube, $18 for the coupler at the Rocketry Warehouse.

Gone!

That's all for tonight. I may scrounge some other items up for sale this evening.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention: If you see something you like and you don't like the price, make me an offer. Or if you are willing to trade, I'd accept Kosdon hardware cases/nozzles/bulkheads, a drogue chute of some kind, or tubular Kevlar 3/8" or larger.

Item 3: 4" diameter, 20" long FWFG body tube and 9" long G10 coupler.

These tubes are new. The coupler came from Wildman several years ago and was way too big to fit in a 4" tube. Coupler was turned down on a lathe to fit. The FWFG tube came from DLB here on the forums and is intended for a "Diab-glo" rocket. The coupler has 3x 1/8" holes drilled to allow it to be bolted to the body tube.

Pictures can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/cRika

The tube and coupler retail for about $35 for the tube, $18 for the coupler at the Rocketry Warehouse.

I'd like to get $40 shipped for the pair. First PM gets dibs.

That's all for tonight. I may scrounge some other items up for sale this evening.

pm sent !

Only the 6" cone remains. Anyone interested? Accepting offers or trades.

Continuing to thin out the herd for the upcoming winter. I have the following items for sale:

Item 1: Performance Rocketry 6" 3:1 Ogive Nosecone, Used.

This nose has been flown several times over the past couple of years. When I received the cone, it didn't fit into the 6" tube it was intended for. I sanded the shoulder down, and now it's a nice, snug fit in a piece of Red Arrow Phenolic tubing that I have here. The cone has a plywood bulkhead installed in the shoulder, with a u-bolt in the center. Nose shows some chipping at the tip, but that could be cleaned up when you refinish the cone.

Pictures found here: https://imgur.com/a/XUYgT

This cone retails for $80 at the Rocketry Warehouse.

I am asking $40 shipped. First PM gets dibs.

Next up: Loki 38-740 motor

Bump: Price changed...SOLD

Last edited:
Was a great deal on that nosecone!

Yea, I just wanted to get it out of my basement. I have the rest of a 6" rocket that it originally belonged to, but that's getting retired into my attic until I decide to part it out or throw it out. On its 2nd to last flight on a 76-6000 the fins fluttered really badly, so I doubt it could go through that again and survive.

I have a mandrel (full length coupler) for making 6" tubes. I suck at making nosecones. I made one 6" rocket this year - just need to finish the ebay. A second may follow this summer when it is warm enough to make tubes again.

Back