Sporting Implement Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddmanrockets

Reaction score
dart k695 2.jpgheres a pic i got of my upscale dart on a K695 Redline,the dart is 14ft tall, 3 and 5 1/2 inches in dia. it gets approx. 2000 ft up in the sky

Rats-I missed that launch! Changing the starter in the Mobile Hangar Unit No.1. Great bird! I really look forward to seeing it up close one of these days

Can you give me some information as to mfg. etc.?

Welcome to the Sporting Implement Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the rockets based upon things from the sports world. It might be a football, baseball bat, competition dart or even an tiddlywink. This is the place for it.

Last edited:
"A boosted dart by any other name just isn't the same". Very cool.

Here's mine, dating back to 1998 and powered by a D12-3:
dart.jpg

And here's what happened when the ejection charge of one D12-3 was not strong enough:
56dart_down.jpg

(The dart survived that, though the narrow tube got a bit crimped and was repaired, and it is still in flyable condition.)

Would the Estes port-o-popshot fit in this gallery?

If you really mean the Pop Fly (I think), then yes. IF you're really talking about the flying outhouse, then we need to set up a different gallery.

Have you thought about doing a build thread. That is dynamite.

sorry the build on this one has no pics,its made of fibreglassed 3in & 5.5 tubes, the fins are a wooden frame with a foam core then glassed this is my 2cd dart the 1st is about 6ft tall and I made them because our local club name is DART

BTW - these are both pretty awesome.

I must agree ,those are very spectacular looking rockets ,wish you guys had some build pictures......so I could steal them LOL

Very nice work fellows !

Paul t

A LOC IV (with LOC Fantom fins). It's not really a Sporting "Implement" but it does have a sports theme so maybe it belongs in this gallery?

LOCIV0006 - Copy.jpg

Not sure why this thread died. Here's my sport themed rockets.
Scratch built Columbus Blue Jackets and a Leviathan turned into Brutus Buckeye.
IMG_20150803_212725859.jpgIMG_20150803_213710929.jpgBB-5.jpgBB-6.jpgBB-7.jpg

Well GEE! I didn't remember this thread either. I suppose I could post my 47" Magic Dart. Widest part of the airframe is a BT 60. Flies pretty decent.
Finish 2.jpg

[video=youtube;jtL6TqPeSvA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtL6TqPeSvA[/video]

Back