Rocketarium Mega Vortico

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidtmp

Reaction score
For the July Secret Santa, I received the Mega Vortico. Whoever had my name, you can spill it now. Relatively easy build, you just need to make sure everything is aligned right before you glue.

image-3007281641.jpg

I have all the wood pieces glued together. I put a board on top to make sure everything stays flat till dry. Sandwich size ziplock filled with sand goes on top for added weight. Last top piece is drying now, will snap photo to that point tomorrow. All that is left will be motor tube and launch lug. Easy Peezy

image-2869636697.jpg

image-1823947192.jpg

So, the following pics are various stages of completion. The build is complete, I need to get by Hobby Lobby and pick up some fluorescent airbrush paint. I have 2 weeks till the next ROCC launch. Should be able to get it painted up.

image-140750649.jpg

image-2926328878.jpg

image-1618134953.jpg

Haven't had a chance to paint this thing yet....but was able to fly it today. Used a D12-3 as Hobby Lobby didn't have any plugged D motors. This thing flew AWESOME! Will definitely be taking this out to fly more.

They are tons of fun. An upscale would be cool:)
You know, I said the same thing! Of course from my experience, if you don't look at a small rocket and don't say "An upscale would be cool", you aren't a real rocketeer. :)

So, how long before we see a Level-III M-powered version of this ?

Blerk! I did not look at dates. But then again, I did not raise the dead; I'm simply not that talented!

The ability to raise the dead should be required before anyone attempts to build an M powered version of this. However, the stock version is begging for an F12...hum.

Back