Gemini Titan MOL / Titan III-M

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The upper coupler fits into a small hole in the side of the central tube. It points upwards and keeps the front of the boosters from moving around. The blowthrough from booster (-0) motors or the ejection charge in the side motors (shorter burn and delay than the core) pop the nose cones, kick them back, sliding the front hooks out of the holes.
kj

Last edited:
I'm building a Gemini Titan at the moment and am having trouble finding any information on detail.I would like to use as much detail without wraps.Not much out there that I can find.Good luck on your build.cjp.EPM010 012.jpgEPM010 013.jpgEPM010 014.jpgI'm using BTH70 tubes,cluster 24mm motor mount and lexan fins.To save weight I'm using 3 fins instead of 4.I'm at 7.8oz. with out paint.

I have tons of info on the GT.

What details are you looking for, capsule, interstage, engines????

Start here.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=ush-mail&va=gemini+Titan
Interstage,looks like fuel lines that run on the sides.I have BT70 tubes,I know that the rocket is 108ft tall ,but don't know what the total height would be with capsule in inches for 2.27(BTH70).The capsule is from BMS.The hardest part was painting,finding a wrap to use when I painted the black top half.Right now I have 26 and 7/8" form capsule to engines.My guess is the total should be around 24".I want to get as close as possible.I don't want to take over this thread from BMG22.

Interstage,looks like fuel lines that run on the sides.I have BT70 tubes,I know that the rocket is 108ft tall ,but don't know what the total height would be with capsule in inches for 2.27(BTH70).The capsule is from BMS.The hardest part was painting,finding a wrap to use when I painted the black top half.Right now I have 26 and 7/8" form capsule to engines.My guess is the total should be around 24".I want to get as close as possible.I don't want to take over this thread from BMG22.

I've only made a few parts for the Gemini Titan so I never needed to do a good work-up drawings.

I see what I can do. Just don't be in a hurry. I haven't even started them yet.

This isn't a bad sidestep...it's pretty close to the original topic.

Last edited:
I've only made a sew parts for the Gemini Titan so I never needed to do a good work-up drawings.

I see what I can do. Just don't be in a hurry. I haven't even started them yet.

This isn't a bad sidestep...it's pretty close to the original topic.
I do have a thread started...BT70 Gemini Titan also in this plan section.

Thanks for the info!

And CJP, nice looking Gemini Capsule. COmmercial or scratch?

Thanks Layne,it's from BSM and is a balsa nose cone.I had a hard time coming up with a wrap to cover the bottom part after I painted the whole capsule white.I painted the gloss black with the wrap on and the nose cone turned upside down so the paint wold not bleed into the white.Very happy I have straight lines between the colors.

Here are links to two pages on a website that sells “paper models”. I do not know if these will be of any help or not, but just in case...

https://www.delta7studios.com/gemini_blue.htm

https://www.delta7studios.com/project_gemini.htm

I made an Estes Gemini-Titan clone with parts from Semroc. I used the wrap from Delta7 studios for the adapter section behind the capsule and was able to make it fit reasonably well. StickerShock sells a decal/mylar wrap for the main body for such a clone. I would recommend putting this wrap on in sections rather than all at once.

I can see a scratch build of this in my future ,4" - 5.5" would be nice ,would need a capsule from Sandman :wink:

Paul T

I can see a scratch build of this in my future ,4" - 5.5" would be nice ,would need a capsule from Sandman :wink:

Paul T

We are getting off the topic of this original thread, but there is a 5" diameter plastic Gemini capsule model made by Revell. This makes a 1/24th scale Gemini-Titan. I have made the scratch build and so have many others.

I have made the Titan III/X-20, which is somewhat similar to a Titan III/MOL, using the Estes Titan IIIc and Sandman's X-20 (Dyna-soar). I documented this on Rocketry Planet, which has since vanished into the ether, about 2 or 3 years ago. This was relatively, once I had the Estes kit. The hard part is finding the kit on e-bay and then getting it for a reasonable price.

IMG_0627_1.jpgIMG_0628_1.jpg

Back