Black Friday Deals - Non-rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! Guess my eyes are trained - I immediately read "WM" as "Wildman"...

If they sold them for $1.48, I still wouldn't step foot in the place.....

-Kevin

I never do the Black Friday store shopping....I do all my shopping online and I get my Christmas shopping done before the first week in December...now that I have more time I go during the week in the day time when everyone else is at work.

Tried the wamart black friday thing about 5 years ago...vowed to never do it again,madness.

I never do the Black Friday store shopping....I do all my shopping online and I get my Christmas shopping done before the first week in December...now that I have more time I go during the week in the day time when everyone else is at work.

Black Friday, or no, I just don't step foot in a Wal-Mart, if I can help it.

Horrible to their business partners, horrible to their employees, horrible to the communities they're in.

-Kevin

Being retired and on a fixed income, the grocery store at WalMart is my only alternative.

In a way, I'm looking forward to the fiscal cliff beginning Jan 1 as the long term prospects are better than simply printing more debt...er, money. The difficulty is the turnaround will take at least 5-7 years no matter what the government does.

Ha! Guess my eyes are trained - I immediately read "WM" as "Wildman"...

OK, so let me get this straight,if I buy a kit from the WildMan Black friday sale ,he`s throwing in a 32" Samsung TV and some Blueray DVDs ?

Wow ,that sounds pretty tempting :wink:

Paul T

OK, so let me get this straight,if I buy a kit from the WildMan Black friday sale ,he`s throwing in a 32" Samsung TV and some Blueray DVDs ?

Paul T
Wow ,that sounds pretty tempting :wink:
Throw in some high heels, perfume and maybe a video game or two and it's just the perfect storm!

That sort of deal on a 50" flat screen was at K-mart around here. It still wasn't enough to get us out of the house. I assumed that at that price they would only have ten of them so I wouldn't get there in time anyway. The evening news said that a_ the store ran out, b) started giving out coupons for more, c) people started selling their coupons and d)fights started over the coupons. I think the decision to stay home was a good one...

I bought a GoPro Hero2 HD camera - the ones you can mount to a rocket for 49 - $200 discount. $150 cheaper than amazon.

Well, not technically a BF sale.
Sandy and I will buy something BIG for the house for each other every couple years instead of a bunch of nic nac pattie wack dust collector stuff.
Lastnight we went out shopping and to dinner.
We bought a Vizio 42" Smart Flat screen TV and an entertainment center to go with it.
Our first Flat screen.
Last week Sandy got us hooked up with a DVR for FREE!
She called the Dish people and said shes been a loyal customer for the last 10 years and she wanted a DVR and the install for free.
The woman said "Let me check your history with us".
She did and said "OK"
I spent most of the day putting the center together. 232 pieces including the hardware. PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
Now I have the task of getting the other entertainment center (25 yrs old) cleaned off and getting all components put in the new center and wired back up correctly.
That should prove to be interesting.
I did get a deal on the center,only because the casher wasnt in the mood to wait for a price check.
The center was marked down from $179 to $159.
When we cashed out,I thought the price was marked down to $129.
It rang up at $159 and I said "I think thats incorrect and should be $129.
I told her I would go back and check.
Well, by the time I got back and told her it was marked down to $159 and I was wrong,she had already fixxed the price to $129.
She said,"Its done,hit the road,Happy Holidays."
Oh, the TV was marked down also.
I think we got about $40 bucks off the price. Just under $500.
COOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back