Unbuilt rockets?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0. Nada. Zip. None. :(

And I have no builds in progress... I'm going into withdrawal.

I'm going to order 2 kits from wild man on Saturday.
And I'm waiting for the release of Proline Rocketry V2 for my next "Big" project. That's due to come out in January.

Lessee...

Untouched:
LOC October Skies 2010 Commemorative
Wildman Jart
Madcow Squat
Estes Mega Mosquito
Estes Big Daddy (29mm)
Estes Executioner (29mm)
Estes Tercel boost glider
and a Rubbermaid bin full of random Estes LPR

In progress:
Estes Ventris
Estes Leviathan
Madcow Mozzie
LOC Onyx
Semroc Magnum
Semroc Lil Ivan

Scratchbuilds in progress:
L2 bird (4" tube fin, 54mm MMT)
Teabird 4.0 (4" tube fin, 28mm MMT)
Toys 'r' Us Crayon rocket

Completed? Don't ask. Thinking about giving about 25 of them away at the next kiddie launch to make room on my workbench/storage area.

View attachment 104903View attachment 104904

Hmm...

Since you caught me after a recent purchase...

3 in packages (one opened to verify contents)
1 additional in progress.

Normally I try to stick to one or two at a time, but I'm a sucker for sales. :)

Another twist to this how many do you have built that you have never flew?
gp

I only have 1 unflown. My BH-29. Just completed and ready for flight 12/1.

I don't buy until I'm almost ready to build,... and I love to see rockets fly,... so I always want to fly my latest project next.

So my score... 0:1. On 12/1,... assuming my wildman shipment hasn't arrived... it'll be 0:0.

I have none in the package, but one in progress and one in parts (both scratch built).

I have 1 BG in the box, 1 RC BG partially built, 1 scratch cluster rocket un-finished and parts all over the place.

hmm

unbuilt kits - reason
Semroc Saturn 1B - I dont want to spoil this classic by actually building it
Squirrel Works Liberator - not the right time yet
Estes Bullpup - saving for a friends son, if he shows interest
Art Applewhites Cluster Saucer - Coming soon to a building table near you

unbuilt "kits"
loads o tubes, all shapes and sizes, not enough nose cones, etc etc etc I love to scratch!

There's around 700 or so still in the packages.

Thank God my wife never checks this site!

Oh, I guess I'm an amateur... I probably have about two dozen still in the box/bag... probably about that same number built/flown.

Later! OL JR :)

My downfall was when I got back into the hobby. There was so much more around than when I was a kid and then I started finding all of the stuff I wanted as a kid but could not afford on ebay. I lost my mind, such as it was, for a while.

More than fifty but probably less than 100. Many are for the scout troop... at least that's what I tell my wife...

At the moment I have a Saturn V which just came in today. I was impressed by the size of the box !

Two big storage boxes full, probably about 30 kits. Nearly all were bought on sale or as some other "couldn't pass up" opportunity. Everyone of them will get built eventually.

Three unbuilt kits, about five builds in progress, and at least a dozen planned scratch builds, most of which I already have parts for.

10 in various stages of paint/sand/decal process. 35 in original packaging.

In Finishing Process
Blackhawk R&D Black Brant X, Cosmodrome Nike Apache, Aerotech IQSY Tomahawk, Semroc Aerobee 300, Semroc SLS Arcas, DFR Tech Delta IV Heavy 24mm, Estes D-Region Tomahawk, Aerotech HV Arcas, Rocketarium Sandia Sandhawk, A.S.P. Super Loki-Dart

In Original Packaging
A.S.P. Kappa-7-1 29mm, Madcow HV Arcas , A.S.P. Kappa-9M 3x18mm, Cosmodrome Black Brant II, Quest Future Launch Vehicle, LOC Precision 3 inch Iris, A.S.P. RP-3, Rocketarium Frangible ARCAS, Madcow Aerobee 150A, (2) Estes Black Brant II, PML D-Region Tomahawk, Cosmodrome Aerobee Hi, A.S.P. WAC Corporal/Tiny Tim 1x24+1x18, Madcow Black Brant II 2.6 inch FG, LOC Precision 2.1 inch Sandia Sandhawk. Semroc Little Joe II, Cosmodrome Black Brant Vc, A.S.P. WAC Corporal 2.6 inch, LOC Precision 3 inch Sandia Sandhawk, BMS Astrobee 1500, Doug Stout ARCAS, Cosmodrome Nike Smoke, Aerotech Astrobee D, Quest MIRV, PML Mini BBX CPR +Terrier Booster, LOC Precision 2.1 inch Astrobee D. Semroc Mars Lander, Cosmodrome Vostok, Quest Terrier-Orion, Apogee Saturn Ib, Quest Nike-K (anyone want it?), PML Sudden Rush, LOC Precision 2.1 inch IQSY Tomahawk, LOC Precision Mini Iris, Aerotech Initiator

I've probably overlooked a couple...and I'm sure that I'm going to be adding to the list before the weekend is over! I'm always looking for interesting scale kits...

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Roughly 90-100. Don't ask me to list them all or I'll be at it all night.

Last edited:
More than fifty but probably less than 100. Many are for the scout troop... at least that's what I tell my wife...

Dang it, I didn't count the big box o Doodads I got for the Girl Scout troop and the 24 BT-50 tube fin kits I put together for the same; but, they aren't mine...... well, maybe one or two.

edit - I also have 8 RalphCo crayon banks sat here in the garage, do I have to count those too?

Here's my list of unopened kits:

Estes Nike Smoke
Estes Solar Warrior
Estes V2
Fliskits Rose-A-Roc
Fliskits Shadow Lord
Semroc Golden Scout
Semroc IQSY Tomahawk
Semroc Ranger
Semroc Saki
Semroc Sam-3
Semroc SLS Aero-Dart
Sunward Flying Umbrella
Sunward King Tut's Pyramid

There are also 16 kits and scratch in various stages of completion and 3 in repair.

All that is left of the early fleet......
Estes Redliner
Estes Phoenix
Estes Big Bertha

New finished and unflown....
Estes Big Daddy

In the package and starting in.... 3 .... 2 .... 1 .....
Estes Vagabond

I added up the ones being hoarded.... er, um, I mean collected, by the previous posters in this thread...... close to 1000. :surprised:
No wonder I cant find any old kits!

Latest posts

Back