RC Rocket sled/car

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niels popping

Reaction score
The winter here in Europe is comming,
That means Ice :smile:

I've worked on a RC sled with an electric ducted fan motor and one rocket engine.
just tested it without the rocket on my room floor, and I can achieve 30mp/h, what would that be on the ice ;)

yesterday I tested the ignition system, it uses Weco C6-3 engine that I found somewhere in my room.
but for the first time in my life this first motor Cato's .
it give some nice shots, and pictures. But I had to repair the damage, and one camera died from the explosion.

the second test went well, I've recorded an thrust to weight ratio of 3 to 1 , ;) that would be fast:y: !

I cant wait to test this on real ice :smile:

here an video of the static test, first the cato issue, second part of the video shows the final result.

[YOUTUBE]79fKwUxvIVo[/YOUTUBE]

picture of the cato,

665441_489715171069437_1909065814_o.jpg

665441_489715171069437_1909065814_o.jpg

Whoa!!!!! Very impressive cato pictures!!! And nice videos. What type of cameras did you use?

Whoa!!!!! Very impressive cato pictures!!! And nice videos. What type of cameras did you use?

Thankzz, it was my first cato, found the motor for analyses, just 15 % of the fuel converted into thrust. but it looks like the temperature increased before the bang.

the cameras that I used: 2 DV100 Camcorders, one HTC desire HD, one Nokia lumia 800, Gopro hero 2, and one Full-HD Kodak Zi8

I don't know what that will do on Ice but I can tell you what an N10,000 will do to a snowmobile.... don't ask..

Not when the snowmobile is pointed UP!

G.D.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back