Der Zwie Red Max bt-80

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodRocket

Reaction score
I have two of these rockets in the ready to paint stage in smaller versions. First one is the standard Red Max and the other is the Mini Max. Both turned out great following the build techniques from the magazine article. https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...-Dekker-Max-quot-from-Sport-Rocketry-Magazine
Now I have started on a bT-80 version. Got to the motor mounts and didn't like how the spacing was and decided to go with a "E" booster and "D" sustainer. With two "D"s the booster engine was really sunk into the booster body tube and with an "E" the extra engine length fixed that.

Got a mean case of the Zwie Max sickness. Can't stop building them. But I think this is the last one for now, at least until I see one actually work.

See ya,
Rod

View attachment Der Zwie Red Max bt-80.ork

Last edited:
Here are the rockets so far. Standard Bt-60 and Mini Bt-50 are ready to finish. And Bt-80 still need nose cone and fin material.

All have the booster and main engines taped together. Then insert engines into sustainer and slide on booster. Simple design that I hope works good in the other sizes.

See ya,
Rod

Zwie Max Fleet.jpg

Zwie Max Fleet boosters.jpg

Back